Question on a looper (Boss content)

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by Mooncusser, Mar 10, 2008.

1. Mooncusser

Mooncusser Member

Hi Guys,

I am about to pick up a looper quickly to use for some applications in practicing and recording.

I had my eye on the Boss RC-2 or the infamous "20". I was wondering if the sound quality is different between either version.
    I figured I'd better ask this before I buy.

I wonder if the sound quality is the same on both models, but maybe the "20" has more bells and whistles, making it more diverse.

Please feel free to fill me in.
    Thanks a bunch,
    Mass

2. Mooncusser

Mooncusser Member

Anyone have some thoughts here?
    Thanks...

3. Daniel B.

Daniel B. Member

I have the RC-2 and have never owned the RC-20. I like the smaller size of the RC-2. I would think about how many bells and whistles you'll think you'll need because they cost more. Maybe start simple and buy more if you find you need it.

The loop quality of the RC-2 is excellent to me. If the RC-20 has better sound quality then it probably wouldn't be noticeable to my ear...

Go to guitar center and try them out on a decent amp

4. Mooncusser

Mooncusser Member

Thanks Daniel!

That's all I am really getting at anyway. I don't need all of the bells and whistles. I was more concerned with the tone delivery between the RC-2 and the XL-20. If they are on the same par, I'll pull the trigger on the RC-2 and be happy.

Any other help is appreciated!

Take care all,
    Mass

5. OOG

OOG Member

no spec are available
    but side by side
    they sound the same

6. 205

205 Senior Member

I've tried both and sound quality is the same if not better on the RC-2.
    The RC-2 on its own would be cumbersome to use 'live' but with the additional switch is capable of doing most of what the RC-20 does except for, I think, the reverse function.

7. steverliu

steverliu Member

i have a rc20XL and use it for live loops. i got it before the RC2 came out.

you can get both of them through guitar center i think. the best way is to buy both and return the one you don't like. unless you intend to do a lot of different things with it, the RC2 is probably sll you need.

8. Robertito

Robertito Member

I think I read that the RC-2 is 16 bit; the RC-20XL is 24 bit. There's not a lot of audible difference, though.

9. Ozro4

Ozro4 Member

I've had the RC-2 for a while now, and I love it. It can do everything the 20 can if you use a footswitch - except that the 20 has a reverse switch, which was not a selling point for me. I'm pretty sure that the only other difference is that the 20 has more memory. But for me - I always recommend the RC2 due to its small footprint.