Question on Line 6 ToneCore Verbzilla....

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by spyeman, Jun 2, 2008.

1. spyeman

spyeman Supporting Member

I need a reverb pedal and have decided on the Verbzilla. It will be the only pedal going into my loop. I wasn't familair with the ToneCore series, I see the modules are interchangeable into a "holding pedal"

There is a site where you can buy the module without the pedal part. Do I need the holder pedal in this case if it will be the only module uses? Could I just buy the module and can I plug it into the loop without the holder? I've never seen the sides of the modules as they are always pictured in the holder. I'm thinking it must have jacks that are just continued by the holder. Hopefully I'm getting this across, I can save $40 by avoiding the pedal and have a much smaller piece. Just thought, is the holder needed for power? Can the module be powered without the holder? Thanks in advance......

2. elicious

elicious Member

the ToneCore module HAS to plug into a ToneCore dock! combo deals can be had on ebay if you're patient (i recently got a dock, liquiflange, and ubermetal combo for ~$70 on ebay). some of the more highly regarded Tonecore pedal modules are the verbzilla, echo park, and roto-machine so it can be worth it to have more than one.

it is cool that the modules are interchangeable, imho. i have 2 docks and can swap out Liquiflange, Ubermetal, Verbzilla, and Roto-Machine in whichever combination depending upon whatever mood i'm in. for what it's worth, both the docks are in a closed loop on my board, too.

3. Alan_Guitar

Alan_Guitar Member

i have a question...

some of the tone cores have two levels of tapping the footswitch (like the echo park with its on/off and tap tempo)

also, some of them just have one level of tapping (like the verbzilla, on/off)

if i bought a verzilla, and then got a echo park module, how would the dock know to add the tap tempo to the footswich?

4. jamison162

jamison162 Supporting Member

The brains/circuit are in the moduls and interface with the tone dock.

5. Alan_Guitar

Alan_Guitar Member

ok, so it would change the footswitch tapping (like just on/off - to - on/off and tap tempo?)

6. thiscalltoarms

thiscalltoarms more gadgets than Batman. Gold Supporting Member

no. everything the dock needs to know is in the module, including information about taptempo settings.