Question on Line6 verbzilla

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by what?, Mar 2, 2006.

1. what?

what? Member

Hey guys I was looking at reverb pedals and narrowed my choice to two pedals, the verbzilla and little lanilei. My question is if I wanted to have on all the time pedal for a touch of reverb which one would that be?Does the verbzilla affect the original sound tone-wise?does it add/lose treble, bass, or mid?Actually I'm leaning toward the verbzilla, I really like that Octo setting and might be using it for a few tunes of mine. Any help would be greatly appreciated. And I'm also broke so the little lanilei would only be a choice if I can find a second hand one with reasonable price.

Thanks!!

2. Curt

Curt Member

I bought a Verbzilla a while back. If it sucked tone, it wouldn't be sitting on the same pedal board with my other pedals. Buy one, you'll like it too.
    I don't think I've turned it off since I bought it.

3. Macaroni

Macaroni Member

My Verbzilla replaced a tc M300 and tc G Major. It's that good, IMHO. Especially in stereo.

4. SuperReverb2

SuperReverb2 Member

what?:

I don't have any direct experience with the Little Lanilei, but I have tried all of the Boss reverb pedals, the Digiverb, a reissue Fender stand alone tank with a 6K6 tube in it, the new Marshall Reflector pedal (which actually has pretty good reverbs for $99.00 CAN), and a Line 6 Verbzilla. The Line 6 Verbzilla is the best reverb pedal I have heard, (by quite a bit) and from the ones mentioned above, is also the most tweakable. I also liked it better than the Fender stand alone unit. Like yourself, I didn't want to "surf," and I was looking for a REALLY nice (natural) sounding ambient reverb that kind of came in under and behind the notes, instead of engulfing them like many reverbs seem to. I also liked the "dry" tone of my Fender 57 Tweed Twin very much and I didn't want the reverb to turn it into a "Blackface" either. I found everything I could have asked for, and then some, in the Line 6 verbzilla. GREAT sounding, natural reverb that DOESN'T mess with your original tone, and it's also a reverb you can leave on all the time and actually forget about. HIGHLY recommended IMHO.

One note! Buy the power supply! A Boss PSA-120T will work fine if you can't find the Line 6 approved adaptor. This pedal eats batteries for breakfast. A brand new Duracell Copper Top 9V lasted 20 minutes before the low battery light came on.

Chuck

5. what?

what? Member

Hmmm interesting. I think I'm gonna go with the verbzilla, I like the versatility of it. Do you think the pedal would work well with a regular 9 volt adapter like power bank dc9?it's just like the power supply used for regular boss and ibanez pedal. Thanks people.

6. cosmos

cosmos Member

I've been using a simple Ibanez 9V adapter, and even an un-stabilized one. As long as you don't daisy-chain it (which also rules out a one-spot), it will probably work.

7. katarzis

katarzis Member

Hi, the Verbzilla is a great pedal. best delay pedal i've ever tried.
    i had the little lanilei before (i had two of them but its a long sad story) and they both sucked!
    the verbzilla is the best reverb pedal that there is on the market right now.
    my guess is that tc electronic are about to build their reverb pedal.
    they said that there are couple new pedals that are about to go out - can't think of something else... espacialy after i suggested them by mail couple of month ego and they liked the idea :angel .

8. edwinhong

edwinhong Member

I have one too
    Nice reverb, some people had problem but mine so far has been very good
    check out cave tone setting it is something different like other line product you have to twik a lot

9. tuna

tuna Member

Any of you guys had the thing hissing back at you. I am using it with a Line 6 power supply ( everything else is running through a one spot), into the same power strip that my 1974X Marshall plugs into. Any suggestions to control that viper?

10. SuperReverb2

SuperReverb2 Member

If you go to the Line 6 web page and look at the specs for the Verbzilla, it also lists the "specs" for the power supply. When I ran those specs by our shop tech he said pretty much any negative center power supply (provided it fell somewhere in those specs) would do. Most of the dealers around town that sell the Line 6 Verbzilla recommend the the Boss PSA-120T (standard 9V power supply) for the Line 6 Verbzilla as it's MUCH easier to get than the real Line 6 power supply. That's the power supply I've been using, and I have had ZERO problems to date. I run the Line 6 Verbzilla (currently) after the Clark/Barber Gainster and I haven't had any issues doing that either. Mind you, the Clark/Barber Gainster is running on it's own battery power.

Chuck

11. Gear91

Gear91 Supporting Member

Yeah, the battery consumption on the Verbzilla is nuts. So bad I thought there was something wrong with it. But a great sounding pedal.

12. jcoggins7

jcoggins7 Member

I have a Verbzilla and I like it. I don't use it too much, mostly because I don't have a board to put it on right now and it's a hassle to plug in the way I set it. I don't plan on selling it or trading it though...

13. Tripower455

Tripower455 Member

I get a lot of crap for saying this, but my Verbzilla into my Hiwatt makes my Twin nervous......

I split the channels with an AB switch, and use one for cleans and one for dirt. The VZ is on the clean side, and it is on 99% of the time as is the Barber Tone Press before it. I have a Bad Monkey in between them for "clean" OD lead boost.

It is a great pedal, and I hate digital stuff in the signal path.