Question re Memory Lane Jr

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by goodsal, Mar 30, 2015.

1. goodsal

goodsal Supporting Member

I currently have a Carbon Copy and a Flashback on my board. I use the CC for subtle ambience and fattening up leads, and use the Flashback for U2 style clear repeats and dotted 8th rhythms. Will the MLJr be a good upgrade for the Flashback or will the repeats be too dark for U2?

2. Lpmusicservices

Lpmusicservices Member

It won't give you the really crisp (or sterile) stuff like a Boss Digital but I use mine for dotted 8ths. Its brighter than a Memory Man which was how The Edge originally got his signature sound. It took me a while to get used to the full range of the repeats compared to a DD7 or DD20.

I have a carbon copy on the board as well and use it for more subliminal fattening like you mention. They pair up quite nicely.

3. earwax

earwax Member

It can definitely do U2. Old stuff and new stuff. It has great modulation. I find it has a hard time doing the real pristine stuff from the unforgettable fire-Joshua tree era. On either side of that I don't think you would have a problem.