1. The Gear Page is run by musicians for musicians. We listen, we learn and if we misstep we are not afraid to do the right thing. We proposed some changes to the Emporiums. Based on feedback from members, we have decided to not go ahead with those changes. However, it has also highlighted that we need some community input into what is working and what is not working for members here. Primarily focused on the Emporiums, we'd like input on your thoughts about TGP and how things work in the Emporiums for you and how you'd improve them. The discussion thread on the is here!

Dismiss Notice

Questions about Grosh Necks

Discussion in 'Guitars in General' started by iggs, Mar 12, 2008.

1. iggs

iggs Member

Hey all,

Just wondering if y'all can give me more info on Grosh necks and which one would be closest to what I like.

- I really like the neck on Music Man Silhouette Special, could be a bit bigger but everything else I really like.
    - Am Std Fender "C" shape is a bit too thin for my taste and not enough "meat", plus a bit wide at nut
    - Am Dlx Ash Tele has a '57 U-shape neck, I like the size but it's a bit wide at nut and wish it was a bit more rounded on the edges.

Any ideas which Grosh neck would fit me the best?

Thanks all!

:BEER

2. Bluewail

Bluewail Tone curmudgeon Silver Supporting Member

Med/Lrg roundback, 1/58" nut and 10" radius sounds like the ticket

3. John C

John C Supporting Member

If you want to match your Silo Special go with the medium roundback. I had a Grosh a few years ago with that neck, and the way I remember it feeling is just a hair fatter than my current Silo Special (a 2007 model).

If you really want it closer to the Tele neck, then go for the medium/large.

4. bbarnard

bbarnard Member

Based on what you say about the Fender C shape I'd say medium/large roundback.

5. iggs

iggs Member

Thanks for the help guys!