Questions about ordering a Klon

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by KazJY, Jun 30, 2008.

1. KazJY

KazJY Member

Does anyone know what the wait is up to at this point? Was it easy enough ordering? (I think you have to pay first...)

Last edited: Jun 30, 2008
  2. Trebor Renkluaf

Trebor Renkluaf I was hit by a parked car, what's your excuse? Gold Supporting Member

Call Bill Finigen (Klon) and he'll let you know what the current wait is.
    Ordering was easy as pie, but Bill will want to talk with you first to make sure the Centaur is a good fit.
    I can't remember if I had to pay up front or not.

3. grygrx

grygrx Member

You have to prove you are worthy? ;)

4. webb

webb Member

No. He just wants you to be happy with your purchase.:)

5. Hugo Da Rosa

Hugo Da Rosa Silver Supporting Member

How much are they running for direct from Bill?

6. sanhozay

sanhozay klon free since 2009

I think they run about $344. Perfect Note can also get you one from Bill. Bob @ TPN takes paypal, if that works better than sending Bill a check. About 3 -4 months is the wait. Very easy to get a Klon. If you can't wait they show up for $450 on ebay or here, weekly. I always enjoy talking to Bill because he loves his work and loves that pedal. He just wants to make sure you do to.

7. Trebor Renkluaf

Trebor Renkluaf I was hit by a parked car, what's your excuse? Gold Supporting Member

Hah! No, Bill just wan't to make sure you are happy. The Centaur is a unique pedal and some will love it, while others may wonder what all the hype is about. If you're a metal head that wants to make a clean twin reverb sound like a modified Marshall from Hell, the Centauar will leave you dissappointed. If you're the kind of player that loves the tone of his rig, uses your volume control and playing dynamics to control your overdrive, play a tube amp the is just at or just over the edge of breakup, you're gonna love the Centaur.

8. Hugo Da Rosa

Hugo Da Rosa Silver Supporting Member

I'm one of those folks that still isn't quite sure what the hype about the Klon is. I play mostly modern rock and Christian contemporary worship music with some blues and jazz from time to time. I have a Tim on the way and ideally speaking, that seems like the kind of overdrive pedal I would like best. But I'm curious to know what is it about the Klon that other boutique or even mass produced ODs can't do. I'm going to give Bill a call sometime to talk to him more about this and if he can convince me, then he might have another sale :AOK. But as of now, I'm still a bit lost.

9. sanhozay

sanhozay klon free since 2009

Have you played one? The magic bullet to any of this stuff is your ears. The Tim is a very nice sounding pedal but it's not a Klon clone, so there's room on most boards for both. I don't think Bill is of the ilk to want to sell you one if you need to be talked into his pedal. Some of his ads don't even have a phone number! It's a great sounding pedal that isn't going to knock you out with every single amp and guitar you throw at it, or for every single song or solo you play. It's just a damn good pedal!

10. brianf

brianf Member

I just ordered one last week. The time is 3 to 4 months and yes, you pay in advance. William seems like a really nice guy and fully explained what a Klon will and won't do. We must have yakked about 20 minutes!!!

brianf