Questions about the RP1000

Discussion in 'Digital & Modeling Gear' started by tattoedsailor, Feb 1, 2015.

1. tattoedsailor

tattoedsailor Member

Hello,
    I got a couple questions about the RP1000. I had some experience with HD500 and one things I loved about it was the ability to set my effects anywhere in the chain (post/pre). Does the RP allow me to do this? This unit has been out for a long time now.. How well is the support for the RP (software updates). This is one things that I thought line 6 did very well. Im still on fence on what unit im going to get (HD vs RP). One of things I loved about the RP is quality of reverbs and delays. Also im thinking about running it into a PA speaker. Im going to mainly be using this in my house. I need a relatively inexpensive PA speaker recommendation.

2. neoprimitive

neoprimitive Member

I have an rp500, but not a 1000, but the main functions ate the same minus the extra features of the 1000.
    you set effect to be pre or post, but you cant change the order of the effects in the chain.
    as far as software updates go, thos ended a long time ago. i updated my 500 to the update that added the looper.
    but the rp's are still great proven units and sound great out of the box, and they're easy to get great sounds on without having a computer science degree. you get them used for good deals.I got my 500 for $100 off Craigslist, and it was basically brand new in the box. dude bought it, used it for a month and put it back in the box and let it sit for over a year unused. if you shop around you can score a killer deal on a 500 or 1000.
    they may be yesterday's news but they're still very viable and capable of creating great stuff.
    * check out the Alto TSA speakers for something inexpensive and decent.

3. speedyone

speedyone Supporting Member

No, you cannot put all the fx in any order. Chorus you can put pre or post amp, but you can't put reverb or delay in any order.