Questions for Replica owners

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by r080, Feb 11, 2008.

1. r080

r080 Member

What does the subdivision switch do?

A. Quarter Note Triplets

B. Dotted Eighth Notes

The t-rex site is less than helpful. It says "1/8 triplets" at the top of the page, and "1/4-note triplets" at the bottom of the page.

Also, is it possible that earlier versions of the pedal were different?

2. nrvana8775

nrvana8775 Member

a) Yes, the subdivision button does those specifically
    b) Yes, but you have to tap the eighth notes in

I asked one of the techs on the phone about different versions, and he said that the first 500 were different, but the rest were the same. I'm not sure if only the first 500 had the dinosaur logo, or if that was a change made at a different point, i.e. number 1500 or 2495. It's a great pedal, but it's very straight forward. I wish there was a way you could automatically select dotted eighth notes, but the tech said no because of space and intent.

3. r080

r080 Member

OK, so if I understand you correctly, tapping eighth notes in subdivision mode will give dotted eighth.

I have a hard time understanding triplets and dotted notes. Is a dotted eighth note the same as an eighth note triplet?

4. nrvana8775

nrvana8775 Member

5. r080

r080 Member

Ha, I actually posted in that thread. I still didn't figure out exactly what everyone else was saying.

I do have a couple stores nearby that have stocked them in the past. I'll have to call around and try one myself.