Questions: Memory Lane + Timefactor

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by LeeSympathetic, Aug 14, 2008.

1. LeeSympathetic

LeeSympathetic Supporting Member

Hey guys,
    I'm interested in both the Diamond Memory Lane (v1) and the Eventide Timefactor.
    Eventually I'll end up with both of these but I have a couple of questions for both pedals...

Memory Lane
    If I send this pedal for a Tap tempo jack mod and hook the pedal with an ext tap tempo, will I still be able to tap the tempo with that if the pedal itself is in Modulation mode?

Timefactor
    If I get the Aux Switch, will that allow me to control the Timefactor's Play mode (bypass, repeat, tap) and preset mode? (preset 1, preset 2, bank up)

So let's say the eventide time factor itself is in preset mode.
    And if I hook up the aux switch, can I still function the bypass, repeat, and tap modes with it, even if the pedal itself is in preset mode?

Also, where can I get the Digitech Aux switch?

Thanks guys,
    'appreciate it.

Ben

2. awallace

awallace Member

Hi Ben,

The footswitch that controls tap tempo (either the internal switch or a remote switch if modded) sets the tap tempo when in TAP mode and switches modulation on & off when in MOD mode. Note that modulation is on by default in TAP mode but is much more subtle than it is in MOD mode. Modulation can be completely defeated by turning the depth control all the way down until the control 'clicks' (that pot has a switch built in).

Regards,

Aimish Wallace
    Diamond Pedals

3. LeeSympathetic

Thanks for getting back at me Aimish,

Eh so there's no way to tap your own tempo when the pedal is engaged to MOD mode?

That would be a cool feature.

Owell, thanks alot for the info.

4. awallace

awallace Member

Hey Lee, the idea behind MOD mode was to offer footswitchable modulation for the delay. Modulation is still available when tapping tempo (tap mode), it's just not footswitchable on and off. It's also a bit more subtle when using TAP mode. However, there's still plenty of modulation on tap, you may just want to set the depth control a little higher than you would in MOD mode.

Aimish Wallace
    Diamond Pedals

5. LeeSympathetic

Oh I see so if the pedal's in TAP mode, I tap the tempo I want and then turn it into MOD mode and I'll get the same tempo I tapped in TAP mode?

And I didn't notice that,
    that there's modulation in TAP mode. Maybe I should check this pedal out again.

Thanks a bunch.
    This pedal is on my list for sure.

6. LeeSympathetic

Can anyone answer my TF questions?
    :p

7. soli528

soli528 Silver Supporting Member

I can't speak that specifically about the TF because I haven't played with offboard control too extensively. What I can tell you is that you can use an external tap tempo to control tempo when the TF is in Bank (preset) mode, which is really cool. Also, control of any switch or knob can be assigned to an external aux pedal as well, for example you could use an expression pedal with a couple of stomp switches, and program the knobs to follow the expression ped sweep and the footswitches on the TF to be controlled by the external switches. The only reason I could see using external footswitches to control the switches on the TF itself would be if it were housed in a rack or something (otherwise why wouldn't you just use the stomps on the TF?), but I'm pretty certain it can be done. Also, it is completely MIDI controllable as well. I hope this helps.

SOLI

8. Isaiah4Autumn

Isaiah4Autumn Member

Yes you can use a seperate footswitch to control both...
    You first would have to download the newest software for the Timefactor.
    You can program your aux pedal to be in play mode (active, repeat, tap) and have the pedal be in bank mode (bank 1, bank 2, bank up). That's not a problem you just have to go into the system's menu and program it to do so...yes you can flop them if you like it's just up to you what you prefer...
    You can by the switch just about anywhere...just check online...

hope this helps...I have the timefactor amazing!

Last edited: Aug 15, 2008
  9. awallace

awallace Member

Just to clarify- no, you can't tap in a tempo then flip the toggle to MOD mode... as soon as you flip the switch the delay time will change to whatever you've set on the DELAY knob.

The right footswitch acts as a tap tempo control in TAP mode and a modulation on/off switch when in MOD mode.

Yup, modulation is available in both modes. Sorry if my earlier replies were unclear.

Aimish Wallace
    Diamond Pedals

10. LeeSympathetic

thanks for the support guys;
    Yeah the TF is definitely an amazing pedal.

One more question;
    I can't seem to fit the Digitech AUX pedal in my board...
    I was wondering if I can just control one function (which is the tap) with just a single tap tempo pedal... And if I can still tap the tempo if the pedal is in preset mode.

OR

if theres a smaller aux controller for this pedal.
    preferrably the size of an FS5U

thanks guys!

11. LeeSympathetic

12. Isaiah4Autumn

Isaiah4Autumn Member

yes you can have just one aux switch to run the tap function in the timefactor...you can use anything with a polarity switch like a dyi unit (you can buy them from the loopmaster or maybe someone here can make you one) or go buy the boss fsu...it's just a momentary switch...you have to program it in the system's menu tree...

but yes it can be done...

13. frizbplaya

frizbplaya Member

Yep, you can use just one button on the external control. You can program it to do a lot of different things too. I was originally going to have two buttons on an external control that just set bank up/bank down, then use the three buttons on the TF to do tap and whatever else. The unit is super flexible. Check out the manual on eventide's site. It talks about the external foot switch and what it can do.