Quick Design Question

guiltless

So I am about to embark on an 18 watt build. This is my second build and so I am looking at the circuit a little closer this time.

I am going to be building a 18watt plexi style with a switch for a gain boost. That's the easy part. What I am noticing is that it looks like I will have a spare side of a triode when I am done.

So here is the question, is there any advantage or usefulness to putting a triode side after the TMB controls and before the PI? (still deciding on a pre or post PI MV)

I am not seeing it on the quick search I did of a few Fender and Marshall schematics. Though, I thought I remember Hiwatt doing it.

It's really more a question of curiosity than anything. Now that I am getting used to seeing schematics instead of layouts, it is all a little clearer.

guiltless

I'm not sure what Orvile has been selling you, but I get popcorn:munch

I guess that is bigger than just a quick question. But at the same time I am not looking so much for how to apply as I can research that in my own. I am more curious as to the benefits.

Search engines don't exactly filter the terms - tube gain stage after tone controls - in a manner that nets the answers to my question.

TweeDLX

You could use that extra triode as a cathode follower, which would also reduce some of that insertion loss.

Trending Topics