Quick Ebay question

Discussion in 'Guitars in General' started by NoahL, Jan 30, 2015.

1. NoahL

NoahL Member

I know that Ebay is much different from 10 years ago -- it's as much an Amazon as an Ebay now. But: I wanted to find a used Duncan Stag Mag and I searched on Ebay. 15 brand new ones, all the same price, and not a single used one.

Is this because there simply are no used Stag Mags around? And if there are, why aren't they on eBay?

2. MusicStoreLive

MusicStoreLive Member

Seems like you answered your own question ;)

Try Reverb.com or craigslist. Or just simply google "used stag mag" and I bet you'll turn up something.

3. GCDEF

GCDEF Supporting Member

I guess there aren't any used ones. New and used should show up mixed together.

4. NoahL

NoahL Member

LOL. I like it when I answer my own questions. I found a used one at a Music Go Round for $35 +$20 shipping. I've asked them if they'll go down on the shipping. Maybe they were thinking of sending a guitar along with the pickup. :fisticuffs

5. Noise Under The Floor

Noise Under The Floor Supporting Member

"In the drag of this atmosphere" (Maryland)
    Music Go Round's shipping is always out of whack on their websites. I've seen them list pedals with $60 shipping. If you email or call they'll give an accurate and lower shipping cost. Not sure why they can't get it right on the website, but it can't be good for business.

6. bgmacaw

bgmacaw Member

Try variations on the name when searching on eBay and search as many categories as you can. Often items are put in the wrong category.

What guitar are you thinking of putting the Stag Mag in?

I've got a used one around and I've been trying to think of what I could use it in. I had it in my Carvin Bolt kit for a while but I didn't care for it there when matched with a neck Jazz so it's been in the box for about 10 years. If I snag a HSS guitar on eBay or buy yet another Rondo Strat-oid I'll probably use it there.