1. The Gear Page is run by musicians for musicians. We listen, we learn and if we misstep we are not afraid to do the right thing. We proposed some changes to the Emporiums. Based on feedback from members, we have decided to not go ahead with those changes. However, it has also highlighted that we need some community input into what is working and what is not working for members here. Primarily focused on the Emporiums, we'd like input on your thoughts about TGP and how things work in the Emporiums for you and how you'd improve them. The discussion thread on the is here!

Dismiss Notice

Quick MI Audio Question...

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by Bergle, Oct 8, 2006.

1. Bergle

Bergle Member

Hey kids,

My wonderful girlfriend ordered a Crunch Box for me for my birthday (I know I'm a lucky man, you have no idea). Anyway she put in the order and paid on Friday and hasn't recieved a confimation email. Is it possible that the order was placed on Saturday, Oz time? If so, does Michael take the weekends off and is this the reason she hasn't gotten the confirmation? I think so, but I wanted to ask around to be sure. No worries.

Nick

2. Swain

Swain Member

I think MI is a one-man operation. There are probably a hundred reasons he might not have even seen his mail.
    His pedals are well built, and mine sounds really nice. (Blues Pro). Plus, they're pretty affordable as far as Boutique pedals go. From what everyone says about the CB, it should be worth the wait.
    He seems to have a great reputation. I'd wait through the weekend, before I called or emailed.

3. Bergle

Bergle Member

Yeah, I figured as much. Just wondered if anybody had the same experience. Like I said, I'm not worried since I've heard nothing but great things about the guy. Can't wait for the CB!

4. trisonic

trisonic Member

Isn't he in the 'States visiting right now?
    Do a search I saw a thread on his travel plans somewhere.

Best, Pete.

5. drolling

drolling Member

I ordered the BluesPro & the CrunchBox direct from Michael. The first one took a long time to arrive & the second even longer, as he was swamped w/orders.

Both were well worth the long wait, but in future, I'll probably get 'em from Brad @ Tonefactor. Much faster, and I believe, free shipping too.

6. Tonemeister69

Tonemeister69 Member

Somehow I don't think MI is a one-man operation.

7. Bergle

Bergle Member

Hey,
    My girlfriend got her email a little bit ago. Time zone difference. It's Monday there now, so they just got the order...Time Machine! (For any Don and Mike listeners out there; if you don't know, nevermind.) He might be here in the States; she got the email from someone else there, so definitely not a one man operation.

Happy Birthday to me!

8. Ed Alvarado

Ed Alvarado Member

Hey Bergle,
    You're right, there are two guys at MI audio, Michael and Mark. I ordered a TubeZone and had the same experience as you, not getting a confirmation acknowledgment. I later found on their website that they recommend buying from their dealers as the pedal you want might not be in a production run. I saw that Tone Merchants had them in stock, so I ordered one from them and sent an email to MI and they refunded my Paypal asap. I got my pedal from T.M. the next day.
    Just an FYI, here's their website http://www.tonemerchants.com/
    Best,
    Ed
    P.S. If you decide to order from Tone Merchants, just call Lowell and he will hook you right up.

9. Serious Poo

Serious Poo Armchair Rocket Scientist Graffiti Existentialist Gold Supporting Member

It took me over a month before I could get a resolution on my order for a Tube Zone when they first came out. People here were getting them within a week of ordering them because they ordered them from a dealer. Unfortunately I ordered direct, which turned out to be a huge mistake. I finally did get a refund, but it took a pile of emails before they finally admitted they didn't have the parts to finish their current run of pedals. This was about 3 months ago. Hopefully it's improved since then.

10. Bergle

Bergle Member

Well,

First thanks for everyone being so helpful and informative. Our email came from Mark and sounded a little more optimistic as far as when I'd see my CB than Poo's experience (love the name there). If I order anything else of theirs it'll probably be through a dealer. I just wanted to make things easy for my gf when she asked what I wanted for my birthday.
    Thanks again!
    -Bergle

11. crisis

crisis Guest

From his website. Should clear up a few questions.:)

A few points about the Ordering Process
    We generally can't make pedals fast enough to keep up with demand. When an order is received, it is placed on a 'work stack'. The usual build time for pedals (when we have everything in stock) is one to two weeks.
    Once a pedal is built, it will be shipped out to you. There are different shipping times for different destinations. Please keep in mind that we are based in Sydney, Australia. Also, the postal system is 'seasonal', so things slow down during some times of the year (for example, around Christmas)
    Our shipping day is Friday. We don't ship on other days except under the most extreme circumstances.

History
    MI Audio was founded in 2002 by me, Michael Ibrahim. It came as the culmination of 15 years interest in music and electronics. However, the real impetus for the founding of the company was the creation of the Tube Zone Overdrive, which I first started building in 1995. I built these devices both for myself and friends, and soon found that there was a serious demand for them.

So in 2002, I took the plunge and started doing this for real. The Tube Zone was a great success, and continues to be the flagship overdrive pedal in the MI Audio range. In 2004, I released the Blue Boy overdrive, followed by the GI Fuzz and Neo Fuzz in mid 2005, the Blues Pro overdrive in late 2005, and finally the Crunch Box Distortion in early 2006.

2005 also marked a new phase in the life of MI Audio. By this stage demand had grown to the extent that I could no longer keep up with orders. So on the 5th of December 2005, MI Audio moved operations into industrial premises. I also have hired a few people to help me keep up with demand. Today, we are the largest boutique pedal builder in Australia.

I'm really excited about the 2006. Not only have I updated many of my designs, but I have a few more exciting new toys coming out. Stay tuned!

http://www.miaudio.com/

12. Bergle

Bergle Member

Ok,
    Got mine yesterday and it's great!!! Haven't had much time to run with it yet, but what I've heard so far has been very cool. Great gift and great pedal for not a ton of loot.