quick paul chocrane shipping question

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by laurencer83, Nov 26, 2005.

1. laurencer83

laurencer83 Member

does paul usually ship his tim/timmy's via priority mail(usps) or ups or something else? i just want to know so i can know when to expect it. he said he shipped it this past monday but i have yet to recieve it. i'm thinking it may because of thanksgiving. mail can get backed up around this holiday.

2. drolling

drolling Member

I was just talking w/Paul about shipping my Timmy to Canada. He's using USPS for both domestic and international orders AFAIK.

3. fjs1962

fjs1962 Silver Supporting Member

Something must be up because my Timmy was supposed to be shipped on Monday and I haven't seen it yet. I also have a friend whose Timmy was supposed to go out on Monday and his didn't arrive yet either.

4. laurencer83

laurencer83 Member

i'm assuming it has something to do with the holiday. two years ago i was supposed to recieve an orange head on the tuesday before thanksgiving but it didn't get here till the week after thanksgiving.

but i'm glad to hear i'm not the only one. i was thinking mine may have gotten lost in the mail or something. but since i'm not the only one i'm betting it's because of the holiday.

5. PaulC

PaulC Member

Hey guys,

They're not lost - That batch from last weekend went out priority on Wed instead of Monday. It was a stupid thing on my part. I made all the pedals at the same time and made the same mistake on all of them! That's what I get for pretending to be an assembly line... It really sucked when I went to play test them and none of them worked right. So I had to pull them all apart and fix them... But don't worry - they're all correct now, and should be showing up any minute. Priority mail is 2-3 days, so that would put them showing up right about now.

I'm back home form a quick little thanksgiving trip, so you guys can call me with any questions.

Thanks for being patient! PaulC

6. fjs1962

Well I got my Timmy in the mail about an hour ago and just came up for air. Definitely a keeper for me. From what I'm hearing so far this is my favorite low-med gain pedal yet! Thanks, Paul!

7. PaulC

PaulC Member

No - thank you! Seriously, I do appreciate you guys being so patient with all the delays.

thanks! Paul

8. jzguitar

jzguitar Member

I got my Timmy this week - GREAT pedal! Haven't gigged with it yet, but I've been cranking it up at my house and it's quickly becoming my favorite OD. I wish all my pedals had such great EQ options! I'm still experimenting with stacking other OD's with it and I'm trying one of the Burr-Brown IC's (the stock 4559 sounds great, though.) I've got a Zen Drive on order, so I'm looking forward to running them together. I'll be calling Paul to get on the list for another Timmy, too. Anyone try stacking two Timmy's?

9. kccheers

kccheers Member

What is the best way to contact Paul?

Thanx in advance

10. laurencer83

laurencer83 Member

i got mine today. haven't got to try it out yet, but it's here! thanks paul!

11. Tone

Tone Member

Hey Paul,
    I did'nt want to call and bother you about this so I thought I might ask you here. I ordered a Timmy in early October, and I was just wondering when you might get up to those orders?

Thanks!:dude

12. fjs1962

Are there any instructions floating around for the Timmy? I'm guessing from how they react that the bass and treble controls roll off their respective frequencies as they are turned clockwise, right? I noticed a couple of dip switches inside the case. What do they do?

13. PaulC

PaulC Member

It's no bother at all! I'd much rather people call me at home instead of using the gearpage. It might take me a bit to get back to you because I'm running around alot right now, but I'll do my best. I should be home all day Sunday building so feel free to call me!!

Also shoot me an email fsj, and I'll send you the instructions for the pedal.

Later, Paul

14. fjs1962

Thanks! email sent.