Quick question about Cubase SX3

copernicus

Been searching how to do this the easiest way but can't find anything I understand...

How can I take a sound clip and simply slow it down by 50%?

Thanks

Wolf Static

There are two ways you can go about this:

1. Import the clip into the arrange Window, right-click on the wave form and select 'Process' from the pop-up menu. From that menu, select 'Time Stretch' and voila... a window dedicated to your purpose will appear!

2. Buy an Apple. Buy Logic Studio. You'll buy yourself some peace of mind.

:)

Hope this helps!

jmcloud

Apples are nice, and so is logic, if you want to drop $3,000 on a set-up. I'd love to have it, but I'm running a PC with Cubase SX-3 like you. The "Time Stretch" function will do what you're looking for. Good luck on your project.

Wolf Static

Mac's aren't cheap, but really - are they that much more than a comparable PC-based recording rig? Let's be fair and look at two comparably specced machines available today. You'll see that it's far more cost-effective to go with a Mac running Logic Studio - plus you get a heck of a lot more, including 20% more screen real-estate!

APPLE iMAC

- 2.8GHz Intel Core 2 Extreme Processor
- 2 GB SD RAM
- 24" Monitor
- 500GB SATA Drive
- Mac OSX Leopard, loaded with Garageband 2008

PRICE : $2299 (with Logic Studio : $2798)

vs

DELL XPS ONE PC
- 2.33GHz Intel Core 2 Duo Processor
- 2 GB SD RAM
- 20" Monitor
- 500GB SATA Drive
- Windows VISTA Home Premium Edition (Whatever the heck that means in Vista babble-land)

PRICE - $2199 (with Cubase 4 : $2,998)

Cheers =)

Wolf Static

Oh yeah, I forgot to mention - With a Mac, you also get far less BS trial software, far less crashes, far less freeze-ups, far less viruses and a whole lot more fun out of using a computer again. Something that's been long overdue now. Logic also comes with hundreds of loops, better virtual instruments, a bad-ass drum machine, mastering software, live implementation plus an easier learning curve, (if you're starting out with a DAW) - Okay... i've rambled enough!

If you're in a position where you have a choice - get a Mac.

dougb415

Okay... i've rambled enough! If you're in a position where you have a choice - get a Mac.
My wife switched from PC to iMac last August, and I'm pretty sure that next year we'll get one for the studio as well. Seems like going from a Model T to a Porsche....

Wolf Static

Bassomatic - This isn't a Mac vs PC thing really - Actually, I'm a Windows Developer by trade, so I'm not a PC hater by any means (although Vista has caused a LOT of upsets in my business). I was merely attempting to dispel the notion that a Mac-based system, running Logic Studio is somehow more expensive than a comparably equipped PC running Cubase 4. That's all... :)

Doug - Congratulations! I think you'll get a lot out of it in the studio!

Peace to Mr Gates, Mr Balmer and Mr Jobs and Goodwill to all on TGP...

Bassomatic

You're the guy who brought up Apple in a thread seeking SX3 advice. Odd, as it runs beautifully on Macs.

Wolf Static

I stand corrected - although forums are for the exchange of opinions. That being said, I guess I wasn't fortunate enough to partake in the morass of Mac vs PC discussions, nor was I aware of them.

Checked out your music by the way - great stuff! :)

Trending Topics