• The Gear Page Apparel & Merch Shop is Open!

Based on member demand, The Gear Page is pleased to announce that our Apparel Merch Shop is now open. The shop’s link is in the blue Navigation bar (on the right side), “Shop,” with t-shirts, hats, neck buffs, and stickers to start. Here’s the direct link: www.thegearpageshop.com

You’ll find exclusive high-quality apparel and merchandise; all items are ethical, sustainably produced, and we will be continuously sourcing and adding new choices. 

We can ship internationally. All shipping is at cost.

Quick question about frets

Lemon Crush

How are vintage Fender frets compared to vintage Gibson frets? In size I mean...I know both are tiny, but are the Fender's bigger than "fretless wonder" frets?

rspencer

Well, tiny frets don't bother me on my friend's R7 Custom...but when I tried a 52 Tele RI, I hated it...but just wondering if it's something I'd adjust too.
Maybe. Probably. After growing used to the smaller frets on my two main guitars, I've grown to prefer them. And when I grab a guitar with jumbo frets, I feel a bit out of sorts.

Lemon Crush

Maybe. Probably. After growing used to the smaller frets on my two main guitars, I've grown to prefer them. And when I grab a guitar with jumbo frets, I feel a bit out of sorts.
Yeah, I just wouldn't wanna buy a 52 or 62 RI and never get used to the frets you know?

Deathmonkey

I always thought that Gibson frets - aside from those on the fretless wonders - were larger than Fender. Am I nuts?

Lublin

Well, tiny frets don't bother me on my friend's R7 Custom...but when I tried a 52 Tele RI, I hated it...but just wondering if it's something I'd adjust too.
A 12" radius, like that on a Gibson, is way more manageable FOR ME when playing small frets. When I play a vintage Fender frets on a 7.25 radius I'm not as comfortable.

Trending Topics