quick really obscene loud tube question...

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs' started by crimson on pink, Apr 10, 2008.

1. crimson on pink

crimson on pink Member

about how many watts will a 6xel34 orange clone put out. i'm running a 4x12 loaded with scumback 65 watters h75's. i just don't want to blow it. thanks. i'm thinking around 150-200?

2. Blue Strat

Blue Strat Member

Sterling, VA (not far from Washington DC)
    It depends as much on the amp design as the type and quantity of power tubes. Your expected range looks right on target for the maximum possible power.

3. crimson on pink

crimson on pink Member

cool. i'm basically having a guy build me an or200 or so. i'm sick of lugging so many amps around. so i'm going all out. haha. our bassist is getting a 6x6550 sunn model t clone. and since i already have sunns, i figured get a matamp but real dumb loud. haha. since two more power tubes was only 100 bux more.

4. Blue Strat

Blue Strat Member

This begs the question: What size venues are you playing (and do you hope to be asked back)? :D

5. crimson on pink

crimson on pink Member

hahaha, yeah, well. actually, alot doom style venues where bands run uber loud rigs. alot of our style is based on volume. similiar to bands like high on fire, torche, and etc. where the volume is as much as the actual music. house shows are always the best, where you can watch furniture move across hardware floors because of the volume. haha.

6. Blue Strat

Blue Strat Member

Thanks for the headsup! I'll be on the lookout and have my running shoes on :D

7. crimson on pink

crimson on pink Member

hahaha, no prob. i'll actually probally order the tubes from you for it. you recommended some for my old model t a while ago and i def will send my bassist's and my business your way again.

8. daddyo

daddyo Guest

Holy Cow! Have I been away from what's hip for a long long time!

9. crimson on pink

crimson on pink Member

yeah, but it's only when we play. i have trouble getting my cabs to stack cause of all the lowend. nothing is worse than hitting a chord and watching your cab skip off another cab. thankfully, none of them have fallen. i always catch them. haha.