Quick TwoRock Type III demo video

Tag

Platinum Supporting Member
The Type III is my favorite all around Dumble style amp. It has cleans that are as good as almost any vintage fender you can find, and overdriven tones that go from nasty, to sweet smooth, and ULTRA refined. The tube rectifiers, class A switch, and 3 position preamp and power amp feedback switches give you all kinds of variations on the basic Dumble topography. I use this amp with my jazz guitars, to my PRSs, Gibsons, Guilds, Strats and Teles. It loves them all! (Man, WHAT a Tele amp!!) Any way, here is a little demo just showing the basic sounds. All knobs etc are pretty much middle of the road, so there is a LOT opf room to darken or brighten either channel. Negative feedback switchs in the middle settings, Class AB mode. Just a very high quality, well thought out amp!

http://www.soundclick.com/bands/default.cfm?bandID=121826&content=videos&vidID=77276

Very very refined sound! :)

Last edited:

bilbal

What are you using for the 'verb in that clip/video, Tag?

Nice,
b

Last edited:

Tag

Yeah Tag...sounding mighty fine. You got a lot of gain dialed in on that thing
Hey Andy. Gains are about in the middle. You can hear me click the pedal twice, which is going to the gain channel, and then the pre amp boost. They are both on right from the beginning of the gain tones. I should have gone Clean....dirty....dirty with pab, but I didnt. :messedup This was a long time ago, and it was McDaddys, not mine. They have since made a few changes which make it even more refined. Mine has the newest changes. I believe it was the type and size of wire in a few key places, but it was a noticeable improvement! Those kids at TwoRock cant sit still. :aok

Tag

Sounded awesome, but didnt sound super dumbley to me. But it still sounded good.
I pretty much agree. The Type III while having its roots in Dumble land, is really a TwoRock through and through. Its like a very refined Dumble, probably because thats basically what it is. ;)

OliverGuitars

I agree TAG. Good responce and attack though. Sounded like an overpriced amp should.....I kid...I kid....

I just wish I had one thats all.

I was surprised at how clean it sounded though.

But those settings had twice the amount of gain I prefer.

Since I am so curious now, could you post some clips with the same amp and guitar, but use about half the amount of gain.

I have played Heady Dudes Type III, his old Emmie Pro, and his SDO. The Type III to me is the most versitile, but I liked the SDO so much becuase it sounded so good on lower gain settings.

I have been contemplating selling 2-3 amps just so I can at least own a Two-Rock once before I die. Your clips TAG are always helpful helping me decide which D-style amp I want.

So far on my wish list, is a TypeIII, a Ceriatone HRM, and a SDO.

But I need one that sounds good dimed on a lower gain setting.

Thx! I will bust out the banannas now!

Tag

I agree TAG. Good responce and attack though. Sounded like an overpriced amp should.....I kid...I kid....

I just wish I had one thats all.

I was surprised at how clean it sounded though.

But those settings had twice the amount of gain I prefer.

Since I am so curious now, could you post some clips with the same amp and guitar, but use about half the amount of gain.

I have played Heady Dudes Type III, his old Emmie Pro, and his SDO. The Type III to me is the most versitile, but I liked the SDO so much becuase it sounded so good on lower gain settings.

I have been contemplating selling 2-3 amps just so I can at least own a Two-Rock once before I die. Your clips TAG are always helpful helping me decide which D-style amp I want.

So far on my wish list, is a TypeIII, a Ceriatone HRM, and a SDO.

But I need one that sounds good dimed on a lower gain setting.

Thx! I will bust out the banannas now!
There was really not a lot of gain on that. It was the PAB, which really bumps it up. I will try and do a lower gain one tomorrow for you however!

:banana;)

Tag

OK!!! NEW LOW GAIN CLIP! I just ripped this one off real quick before my neighbors had a heart attack. Lower gain...then step on boost...then step on midboost. This amp KILLS.:aok Its my 70s Guild Starfire 6, so it has very low output pups. 335 type guitar.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pIseQWFlu1E

That should help, and you can see what a large gain boost the PAB gives you. The mid boost is actually milder, and I should have gone plain overdrive....midboost....PAB.....PAB with midboost. That would give you four slight increases in gain, but I just thought of that now. Lol!

Last edited:

NFB

OK!!! I just ripped this one off real quick before my neighbors had a heart attack. Lower gain...then step on boost...then step on midboost. This amp KILLS.:aok Its my 70s Guild Starfire 6, so it has very low output pups. 335 type guitar.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pIseQWFlu1E

That should help, and you can see what a large gain boost the PAB gives you. The mid boost is actually milder, and I should have gone plain overdrive....midboost....PAB.....PAB with midboost. That would give you four slight increases in gain, but I just thought of that now. Lol!

Tag,

That Type III just keeps knocking my socks off! What do you have on top of the amp......D-lator?

Tag

Tag,

That Type III just keeps knocking my socks off! What do you have on top of the amp......D-lator?

Yes! Good eye! Thats the Quinnulator. Not in use as you can see.

michael.e

Silver Supporting Member
I think the big question is....

How does this amp sound in a band setting? Is this better suited for a quiet band that has much separation between frequencies, or, does it hold it's own in a more rock setting..

The clips sound great.

ohshait

the two rocks just amaze me by the sole fact there is no buzziness what so ever, truly the most stellar amps i have ever heard.

Tag

I think the big question is....

How does this amp sound in a band setting? Is this better suited for a quiet band that has much separation between frequencies, or, does it hold it's own in a more rock setting..

The clips sound great.

Listen to Steve Kimocks clips of it. He has all of those bases more than covered, and has been using it for quite a while now. :banana