1. A proposal is now up as a poll to change the guidelines of TGP to only allow member self-deleting of post/threads for up to thirty days of the original posting it. We are now watching the poll here. Click here to view the thread.

Dismiss Notice

Quickie (pedal order)

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by matthewh133, May 18, 2011.

1. matthewh133

matthewh133 Member

Hey everyone, nearly finished my pedal board. Just waiting on 2 more pedals. I am currently wiring it up and leaving gaps for these, so I am trying to finalize the ordering.

The pedals I have or are awaiting are:

72' Deluxe Tele > Micro Pog, Peppermint Fuzz, Timmy, Super Plextortion, Tremolessence, Boss TU-3, Ernie Ball VP, El Capistan, Bluesky > Blues Junior amp.

What order would you chuck these in and why? I have listed them above in the order I was thinking of, but TBH I am quite new to this and would love some input please :)

Last edited: May 18, 2011
  2. Daka3

Daka3 Member

In>TU-3>Fuzz>Plextortion>Timmy>Trem>POG>El Cap>Blue Sky>Out.

Don't know about where to put the VP, I've never used one of those, but a good guess would be right before the El Cap, so you can swell and get repeats/ambience.

Coming from a fellow Blues Junior player, I'll say that it's small amp for carrying heavy distortion and/or fuzz IMO. Looking to replace mine with something toting a lot more clean headroom. The BJ breaks up and tends to muddy out too soon for my ears with increased amounts of dirt. Just sayin'!

Good luck with your board!

3. Heady Jam Fan

Heady Jam Fan Member

You can do the micro pog first, I have it that way, but I have been planning on changing it to later as Daka suggests because it has less impact on your OD.

4. gonepostaltwice

gonepostaltwice Member

i'd go trem after the pog so the pog gets a cleaner signal. or put the trem after your delays and before reverb. depends on how you use your trem i suppose.

5. matthewh133

matthewh133 Member

Thanks for the input guys, anyone else care to chime in?

6. matthewh133

matthewh133 Member

Just a little bump, would love to have some more people's input.