Quidley Amp

LavaMan

Just heard Stu at Fat Sound Guitars demo this amp today. All I have to say is AMAZING! I have never heard such smooth gain and volume in a 22 watt EL84 amp. Amp was played through both 2x12 and 4x12 cabs. Deep, rich tones just filled the room with this amp. Operates in 22 or 8 watt mode.

I thought I was not an EL84 guy until I heard this amp...

check it out: http://quidleyamps.com/Features.html

GAT

Platinum Supporting Member
Mark,

I saw that on the FS website. I assume they are "Marshally"?

MikeyG

Silver Supporting Member
Stu made me promise to stop by with my Wizard this week, and also to hear the Quidley. He and Mike Ayers both were really jazzed about it.

Didn't they say it has some type of power reduction??

sickboy79

I saw that on their website this morning. Looks pretty cool! I'd like to hear/try one in person!

JRenn

Just played one yesterday. Believe EVERYTHING you hear...

I'm trying to figure out how I can pick one up myself.

tommygun75

I bought my Quidley from Tonys Guitars in Wilmington NC. I really love the tone and fact that it gets the tone at a managable volume. It really shines on Zeppelin, Hendrix and old school ACDC type guitar playing. I have recorded with it a few times and was very happy with the results.
Tommy Brothers

X - Road 28

I just purchased a 1 12 combo today from FS, in Ostrich. I spoke to Stu at length about the amp and he honestly had only good things to say about it. Stu being the kind of guy he is talked me out of a head/cab, I think the combo will serve me better and will be easier to haul around.

I curious to see how quiet the Quidley is compared to the Swart ATS, which is quiet as a mouse. I'll post a review when I get it.

X

Time to buy another "Cable Testing Device" LavaMan? :D

I'd love to play one of those Quidley's. Really, I think I could spend a couple of days in Stu's shop, he's got an stellar line-up of gear.

Last edited:

Rod

Vibrato & String Bender on Overdrive
Gold Supporting Member
This is great news!!! I've got a used Quidley 1/12 combo on the way...wow, maybe I got it right this time...

Trending Topics

Top Bottom