Quidley Combo on the way

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs' started by GAT, Feb 15, 2008.

1. GAT

GAT Gold Supporting Member

I just ordered an alligator covered Quidley combo from Fat Sound, like the tan one on the website! Stu and Mike said this is a very cool amp. Anyone own one? I know Mark from Lava Cable played one and liked it.

:dude

2. tch2112

tch2112 Member

I have one on the way myself. Really looking forward to it. I will post feedback once I get the amp - I am hoping before the next weekend.

3. GAT

Mine arrives on Thursday. I hope it's the grab and go combo I've been looing for.

4. tch2112

tch2112 Member

Anyone get theirs yet? If you have them how is the tone? Thanks.

5. GAT

I just checked UPS, it is in town and it will be delivered tomorrow!

6. rbehm

rbehm Member

Quidley amps have been on my radar for a bit .......I look forward to your reviews and of course pics:AOK

7. Sweet T

Sweet T Member

Saw 'em when I was in Fat Sound last Saturday, but I didn't get a chance to play them. I have heard one, though, before, when I lived in Wilmington--met the man himself, as well. They sound good, I'll tell you, and I've heard nothing but good things about them from the guys at FS.

8. GAT

Got my Quidley late last week and I've put some hours one it over the weekend. Here are some opinions.

This is a FINE amp, nice, think Marshall tones that don't kill you with volume. The 8 watt setting sounds great is is perfect for playing around the house. It still sounds "big" at 8 watts.

The 22 watt setting is great, perfect for clubs. It hangs with our drummer.

I love the boost/high gain footswitchable settings. You can get many different gain settings out of it. Plenty of gain for saturated humbucker tones.

The presence is very strong and I keep it at about 8:30. Bass is tight and the mid knob adds some fat, non-honky tones.

I prefer the amp with both volumes dimmed. I kick on a Fetto for strat leads, sounds great with gain pedals and doesn't compress too much. Humbuckers clean up very well and the amp gets brighter as you back off the guitar's volume knob. Even neck humbuckers sound clean and bright.

The amp reminds me of the clean sounds of the Goodsell and the lead sounds of a really warm Marshall. Think Grissom's tones, but at a very reasonable volume. The Mojo Greyhound speaker sounds killer. I put a TC Nova in the loop and that works great too.

This amp is great for a grab and go combo. I'm using it next weekend at a gig, so that will be interesting.

9. tch2112

tch2112 Member

Thanks for the word. Mine is not here yet. Hoping soon.

Tom

10. dewman

dewman Gold Supporting Member

Gil- PMed you tell you how I have my new Germino setup for grab and go..

11. BIGGERSTAFF

BIGGERSTAFF Member

The Quidley combo is fantastic sounding, and sounds huge for it's size and output.