• The Gear Page Apparel & Merch Shop is Open!

Based on member demand, The Gear Page is pleased to announce that our Apparel Merch Shop is now open. The shop’s link is in the blue Navigation bar (on the right side), “Shop,” with t-shirts, hats, neck buffs, and stickers to start. Here’s the direct link: www.thegearpageshop.com

You’ll find exclusive high-quality apparel and merchandise; all items are ethical, sustainably produced, and we will be continuously sourcing and adding new choices. 

We can ship internationally. All shipping is at cost.

Quietest compresser you've tried

lv

Silver Supporting Member
I know they all add noise to some degree....interested in hearing about the ones that had relatively low noise.

Thanks

emperor_black

ART Levelar. Zero noise even at the highest level. But more of a limiter than a compressor. just adds a mild compression. Drawback, it needs a 12V AC power. :(

cbpickin

Tweed Supporting Member
Gold Supporting Member
BJF PGC. I have even been using as a boost with the volume all the way up lately since I downsized to a PT Jr and ended up with no room for a clean boost. I don't hear any noise added even with the volume up high.

kp8

Yup. Dead quiet comp without loss of tone or dynamics with the Tone control jumper inside the pedal.
?

so is the pedal empty? are you sure there is even a circuit in there and not just two jacks wired to an LED and a switch?

Compressors add noise, they change your tone and they damned well better change your dynamics or you are getting ripped off.

Buying a compressor that doesn't change your dynamics is like buying a car with no engine or wheels as changing dynamics is, by very definition, what a compressor does.

TeeVee

MP FGC is fairly quiet, yet still noticable compared to not being on. Not sure what it is like noise wise compared to the BJF PCG.
I use mine mainly as a boost in "sustain" mode and am loving it. I would suggest that they are more versatile than the PCG since they have a sustain/compressor toggle.

Ben C.

BJF PGC. I have even been using as a boost with the volume all the way up lately since I downsized to a PT Jr and ended up with no room for a clean boost. I don't hear any noise added even with the volume up high.
Yep... amazing little guy and no noise.

lespauldoc

I like my Barber Tone Press... can tweak in dry signal so it won't sound overcompressed, and is dead quiet, even on high comp settings. If its not, tweak the blend back just a touch. Boom, quiet.
Most versatile compressor I have ever had. Just not for those who want a ton of squash!

hdahs143

Silver Supporting Member
?

so is the pedal empty? are you sure there is even a circuit in there and not just two jacks wired to an LED and a switch?

Compressors add noise, they change your tone and they damned well better change your dynamics or you are getting ripped off.

Buying a compressor that doesn't change your dynamics is like buying a car with no engine or wheels as changing dynamics is, by very definition, what a compressor does.
Bit of a harsh response don't you think? The title of the thread is "Quietest compressor you've tried".

Maybe you should try one before implying, intentionally or not, that other posters don't know what they are talking about.

As compressors go, the Diamond is certainly one of the quietest ones out there, and also one of the least "squishy" . The website goes into great detail about the idea and technology behind it.

Reactions: Rod

Trending Topics