Quilter MicroPro 200 Amp

Discussion in 'Digital & Modeling Gear' started by eriwebnerr, Feb 17, 2012.

1. eriwebnerr

eriwebnerr Member

I did a search and saw this was posted in the Amps and Cabs section, but not here. Thought I would share it because maybe some folks are like me and only read this one forum here.

http://www.quilterlabs.com/products/micropro-200.htm

It doesn't necessarily profess to be a modeling amp, but does have a few different modes like (mini, tweed, classic, etc) and is a solid state amp (but I think the effects are digital).

It looks very well made and I was pretty taken with the sound samples. Looks to be squarely in the classic rock, low to medium gain camp. If your looking for a super portable amp (like a ZT on steroids) - this might do it for you.

2. bluesdoc

bluesdoc Gold Supporting Member Gold Supporting Member

I'd love to see a Pete Thorn or Lance K demo.

jon

3. Rod

Rod Tone is Paramount Silver Supporting Member

I'm dying to try one of these amps.......

4. Rod

I have one on the way!!!! I'll post a full review with you tube video along with Joe naylors new Railhammer pickups...... Very excited

Last edited: Apr 22, 2012
  5. Blue Bee

Blue Bee Member

Bump...Anyone still using this amp? Pros n cons?

6. supergenius365

supergenius365 Silver Supporting Member

I posted a few times about it in the amp forum. Bottom line (for me): If I were a working musician the Quilter would be a no brainer. There are lots of useable sounds available and it is super easy to carry. As a basement dwelling cork sniffer of limited talent, it didn't have a sound/tone that put a big smile on my face or made me say "YES!"

I had the 8" and 12" speaker versions. I preferred the 8".

7. Blue Bee

Blue Bee Member

Is the reverb in it comparable in sound to any certain pedals that you've heard?

8. Wildwind

Wildwind Silver Supporting Member

These look intriguing, though I have no need for an amp right now. But...you never know. I look forward to the review and other comments.

9. Blue Bee

Blue Bee Member

Rod do you still have the amp? Did you ever do a review of it?

10. earthlydescent

earthlydescent Senior Member

Corey Witt (dognmoon, thetonechef) did one video on their website. I love his playing.

11. Rod

Hi...No, I sent it back to them...I've been a tube amp player my whole life and the OD channel was very solid state/modern sounding...the clean channel was very cool if you like Fender Blackface tones..which I don't...
    I owned a Pritchard amp and should have never sold it... That is the ultimate SS amp

12. Blue Bee

Blue Bee Member

cool thx for the input...im mostly looking for good fendery cleans and would add dirt with pedals. Did you get a chance to see how the clean channel would handle dirt/od pedals?

13. Rod

I tried my Barber DD, Small Fry, and LTD overdrives with it and they all really sounded great with it... To be fair, I had the model with the 8" speaker...If I had tried the 12" speaker version I think I would have liked the amp more because of a fuller sound...... The reverb, back Lighting, tremolo, footswitch and workmanship are all top notch... Quality stuff which is always what QSC has been

14. supergenius365

supergenius365 Silver Supporting Member

I have only used the Wampler reverb, and that was only just recently that I started using it, so I can't compare to a pedal.

I felt the reverb was very useable. I like just a hint of reverb in the background and the Quilter did that perfectly with the level turned low. I'm sure you could get a wild surf thing going or whatever you want with it.

15. Rod

My opinion as well... you can also get good surf reverb with it... Sounds to me like a good Super Reverb's reverb when dialed in right...

16. Blue Bee

Blue Bee Member

The reverb does sound nice and fendery, the super reverb has some of my favorite reverb tones....some guy on the surf forum said that it was much better than the boss spring reverb pedal.

17. Flyin' Brian

Flyin' Brian Member

I have a friend who uses a Blackstar Club 40 for his gigs and bought a Quilter for jams.

He recently bought a Blackstar HT Dual, which he now uses along with his Quilter for all of his gigs.

18. Blue Bee

Blue Bee Member

Cool to hear, Im betting my kingsley Jouster would sound pretty good through one too.

19. Blue Bee

Blue Bee Member

Did the Quilters onboard reverb compare at all with the Wampler reverb pedal?

20. Rod

Yes, I think it's that good...