• The Gear Page Apparel & Merch Shop is Open!

Based on member demand, The Gear Page is pleased to announce that our Apparel Merch Shop is now open. The shop’s link is in the blue Navigation bar (on the right side), “Shop,” with t-shirts, hats, neck buffs, and stickers to start. Here’s the direct link: www.thegearpageshop.com

You’ll find exclusive high-quality apparel and merchandise; all items are ethical, sustainably produced, and we will be continuously sourcing and adding new choices. 

We can ship internationally. All shipping is at cost.

Quilter Tone Block for Bass!

padavis

I found a scratch/dent Tone Block from AMS and bought it. Should be here tomorrow! I know there is a Tone Block for bass thread over at TalkBass but I think this site might actually have more people who have used it that way as there just might be more Tone Blocks here!

So, have any of you used a Quilter Tone Block for bass? I am pretty pumped about this. From what I know about Quilter, I owned an Aviator head for a little bit, the volume should be there and it should sound excellent. I think it should be perfect for a small bass rig. Heck, with the overshooting up to 400watts, it might be perfect for big bass! I have a couple different cab options so I hope to get some recordings and stuff up about what I find.

I literally am putting it on a pedal board too. Thats the plan!

Robboman

I've got one but I haven't tried it for bass, never occurred to me. Do people use tube guitar heads as bass amps? Because the TB is really a guitar amp, voiced a lot like a Fender or old (lower gain) plexi depending on the amount of gain and the position of the contour control.

padavis

You know I always did like the Bassman with a bass... You know the plexi also had a bass version too right?! haha... so I guess people do use Tube "guitar" heads as bass amps. I know... I know... You dont have to explain to me bout the headroom and reasons why they went different directions with bass amps.

I'll tell you from what I've read on Quilter's forum is that this was truly designed to be a power amp for modelers. I did have an Aviator and I remember Chris saying the Tone Block is similar to channel one of the Aviator, which is supposedly supposed to be Fender-y Plexi-y like you said but still the thing is supposed to also just be a great platform for clean power. I actually did power up an Ampeg 2x10 with the Aviator and was able to get some usable tones with a 5string Deluxe Jazz bass.

I guess the proof is in the pudding right? We'll see today hopefully what I can do with it. I'm not asking much of it... just trying to get a better sound than the Ampeg B2RE. Thanks for your thoughts. I hope you're not right and I hope this is more versatile.

S1Player

I'd like to get 2 - to run a dual amp rig for Bass VI and for guitars - using my Boss Chorus as a crossover.

padavis

Played out today with the Quilter and two twelve monitors. One has an Eminence Delta 12LFA the other I'm not sure. Used a Tech 21 Bass Driver in front. I was able to get better tones than my Ampeg B2RE with an Avatar 4x10 and between the two pieces I felt as good as when I had a Mark Bass Little Mark 3 with a 2x10. These little guys are loud as can be and do respond really well to what you give them.

Trending Topics