Quilter Tone Block/Pro Block - On the board? With pedals on top?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs' started by jamester, May 8, 2016.

1. jamester

jamester Silver Supporting Member

Wondering if anybody is using their TB/PB mounted on their board...and if so, do you have any pedals mounted on top of it?

My concerns would be noise issues, the physical strength of withstanding a pedal being stomped on above it, and the extra height which might prevent it from fitting the carrying case. I'm currently using a Metro 20, so there would have to be a couple pedals on top in order to fit everything.

If anyone out there is using a Block on their pedalboard, I'd love to hear your thoughts on this!

2. jamester

Bump to say...the more I try to figure it out, the less practical and do-able mounting a Block to the pedalboard seems.

Maybe for folks who can use big boards, but I have size restrictions. I love the idea of a stealthy rig with everything at my feet and just a lightweight cab behind me, the whole thing would only require one AC outlet and two cables (1x guitar, 1x speaker). But I think there are too many hurdles to overcome, at least with the size constraints I presently have...

3. lowpaygigs

lowpaygigs Member

I would not do it out of the very concerns you stated. Call Quilter and ask about the noise issue. However, your hunch stepping on a pedal that is on the amp may not be good in the long run.

jamester likes this.
  4. blowery

blowery Member

I"m putting my 101 on a board. It's a 15x22" board but I WON'T be putting anything on it to step on. I have enough room to run it in the corner with all my other pedals which should make setting up much easier especially with the Power Plus 2. Power in, guitar in, speaker cable out.

5. jamester

I just looked up the specs on the 101, that's cool that you can plug it into the PP2. The Pro Block exceeds its rating at 250w.

6. IronChefChris

IronChefChris Member

i have a diy board i built to about the dimmensions of the pedaltrain pt2. i have my 101 on it with all power going underneath the board to a power strip. because of the power strip, i think the board sits a bit higher than the pt2 and it fits in the pt2 bag just fine...a bit snug, but its fine. i wouldn't put pedals on top of the amp itself though, especially ones you'll kick on and off. maybe...just maybe...throw like a mini reverb or something like that that might leave on all the time and takes up little room?