• The Gear Page Apparel & Merch Shop is Open!

Based on member demand, The Gear Page is pleased to announce that our Apparel Merch Shop is now open. The shop’s link is in the blue Navigation bar (on the right side), “Shop,” with t-shirts, hats, neck buffs, and stickers to start. Here’s the direct link: www.thegearpageshop.com

You’ll find exclusive high-quality apparel and merchandise; all items are ethical, sustainably produced, and we will be continuously sourcing and adding new choices. 

We can ship internationally. All shipping is at cost.

Quinn sdo incoming!!!

Tag

Platinum Supporting Member
Here we go again! :dude

Direct A/B clips with a TwoRock Type III and Custom will be forhcoming. This is an HRM, so there are going to be differences. I hope the guys who said it was similar to an E.Pro are accurate, as it really came down to me picking up another Emmy or giving this one a shot. This is pretty much the only D style amp you hear a lot about that I have not played, so it should be fun. Shad was cool enough to send the seller an email and have it stop by his place on the way here to make sure its sounding as good as possible. Very cool! If this is not a good match for me, I will be on the hunt for a low gain E.Pro. (Randy are you listening?)

I hope to have it next week.

VERY GOOD VERY GOOD!!

:banana:banana:banana

Oz Hofstatter

Good move TAG!:AOK
Congrats for the new amp.
I hope you enjoy it.
We are anxious for CLIPS and VIDEO!
Keep rockin! :dude
Cheers,
Oz

M

Member 995

I hope the guys who said it was similar to an E.Pro are accurate, as it really came down to me picking up another Emmy or giving this one a shot.
I think you should have put the Emmy in a closet for a few months instead of selling it.

Sean French

Should be fun to hear your clips of the SDO.
You still have vid clips of the E. Pro and Proto so,you should be able to get some good comparisons.
I bet the SDO is gonna sound really good.:dude

Dave_C

Here we go again! :dude

Direct A/B clips with a TwoRock Type III and Custom will be forhcoming. This is an HRM, so there are going to be differences. I hope the guys who said it was similar to an E.Pro are accurate, as it really came down to me picking up another Emmy or giving this one a shot. This is pretty much the only D style amp you hear a lot about that I have not played, so it should be fun. Shad was cool enough to send the seller an email and have it stop by his place on the way here to make sure its sounding as good as possible. Very cool! If this is not a good match for me, I will be on the hunt for a low gain E.Pro. (Randy are you listening?)

I hope to have it next week.

VERY GOOD VERY GOOD!!

:banana:banana:banana
Holy smokes, this should be interesting!!! :AOK Never thought I'd see anything like this!!! :eek:

But, keep in mind, as good as Shad's ears are, they're not YOUR ears, so don't be afraid to tweak the HRM trims! I eventually ended up with mine in radically non-stock positions! BTW, I just found out I had a bad V1 when I made my clips. Gotta' do some more with known good tubes!

Tag

Holy smokes, this should be interesting!!! :AOK Never thought I'd see anything like this!!! :eek:

But, keep in mind, as good as Shad's ears are, they're not YOUR ears, so don't be afraid to tweak the HRM trims! I eventually ended up with mine in radically non-stock positions! BTW, I just found out I had a bad V1 when I made my clips. Gotta' do some more with known good tubes!

I will be trying different NOS tubes, and I will adjsut the trimmers for sure. I am an expert at it. :AOK I have been messing up the ones inside E.Pros for years. :D

heady dude

This should be interesting. Me I preferred the Quinn to the Low Gain E.pro, but to be fair I never changed the internal switches in either amp, the Quinn sounded great as was. Also I dont think I have the right tubes in the E.pro. Now the type 3, Ive got to admit I like a good bit better than the Quinn, but I dont have it here to a/b with. All amps are KILLER that I know.
Tag if you end up needing that Low gain E.pro I have one in the emporium. Maybe you can get my E.pro and do some clip comparisons with the Quinn.:)

Randy

Silver Supporting Member
This should be interesting. Me I preferred the Quinn to the Low Gain E.pro, but to be fair I never changed the internal switches in either amp, the Quinn sounded great as was. Also I dont think I have the right tubes in the E.pro. Now the type 3, Ive got to admit I like a good bit better than the Quinn, but I dont have it here to a/b with. All amps are KILLER that I know.
Tag if you end up needing that Low gain E.pro I have one in the emporium. Maybe you can get my E.pro and do some clip comparisons with the Quinn.:)

I have to say that if you've never tried adjusting the internal trimmers in your E-Pro, you definitely should before you sell it. Just the slightest tweak can make a world of difference in how that amp sounds.

My very first Two Rock was an E-Pro and I was expecting to be blown away but it left me pretty flat. I never tried adjusting the trimmers either. I sold it, but then happened upon a used one in a store that must have been set up right because it knocked my socks off. That was about 6 years ago and I still have that amp. Meanwhile at least 30 others have come and gone... just saying.

heady dude

Im sure you are right Randy, its just that ever since the Type 3 got here I havent touched the e-pro. I can only afford to keep one, and the T3 is it. The cleans side alone is enough for me to keep it over the e-pro. Im going to adjust the trim controls as soon as I get a chance, It would be a shame to send her off before I got to see what she could really do.

Last edited:

Tag

Im sure you are right Randy, its just that ever since the Type 3 got hear I havent touched the e-pro. I can only afford to keep one, and the T3 is it. The cleans side alone is enough for me to keep it over the e-pro. Im going to adjust the trim controls as soon as I get a chance, It would be a shame to send her off before I got to see what she could really do.

The Type III is just off the charts. Its what made me sell my Enmmy as well. The E.Pro can still do the singing, wooden flute thing better though. Its the best amp I have eaver heard for that by FAR. And it can do it at whisper volumes. It can do hard rock better than the Type III for sure.

LVC

TAG,

Ping me when you receive it.

If you'd like, I can swing by your "Clip Studio" with my Bludo EL34, and Fuchs HRM so we can get a good library of comparison clips (TR, QUINN, FUCHS, BLUDO, GLASWERKS) once and for all with one set of hands ....

I'll bring over a couple of cloud 9s and my collings i-35 as well.

Let me know.

could be

VERY GOOD !!!!!!

Laz

Tag

TAG,

Ping me when you receive it.

If you'd like, I can swing by your "Clip Studio" with my Bludo EL34, and Fuchs HRM so we can get a good library of comparison clips (TR, QUINN, FUCHS, BLUDO, GLASWERKS) once and for all with one set of hands ....

I'll bring over a couple of cloud 9s and my collings i-35 as well.

Let me know.

could be

VERY GOOD !!!!!!

Laz

Sounds great Laz!! After I get it at get things adjusted, we will do just that! :dude I dug that Fuchs HRM when I played it as well. Nice amp! Looks like I may have to pick up another E.Pro and let it loose like I did at the Amp show, except this time there will be clips for ALL to hear!! :AOK

Dave_C

I will be trying different NOS tubes, and I will adjsut the trimmers for sure. I am an expert at it. :AOK I have been messing up the ones inside E.Pros for years. :D
Cool! Should be fun to hear the comparison clips and your thoughts!

Trending Topics