R.I.P. Joshua Florance

Bill M

Joshua Florance, the son of master pickup maker Peter Florance was killed Monday morning in a tragic car accident not far from their home in Honesdale, PA. he was only 20 years old.

Jon C

Silver Supporting Member
Very sad, condolences to Peter (one of my favorite pickup makers) and family.

bluejazzoid

Silver Supporting Member
Wow... as a parent, there's really nothing you fear more than getting that call. I'll definitely keep the Florance family in thought & prayer.

Dana Olsen

Platinum Supporting Member
That's terrible - Pete's a great cat and major great pickup winder.

Deepest condolences to the Florance family.

Thanks for posting this news, Dana O.

Pablomago

Oh, man. Sorry to hear. I love Peter's bass pickups especially. My thoughts go out to him and his family.

shallbe

Deputy Plankspanker
Terrible, terrible news. I pray for grace, healing and some peace for this family.

DrumBob

Terrible news. I know Peter, am very familiar with the Honesdale area, and have a friend in Narrowsburg, NY who has known Peter since high school. I think Joshua played in Peter's band, and they did a gig a couple of weekends ago in Sullivan County. Prayers for the family.

DrumBob

There's a photo of the wreck online. Josh wrapped his VW around a telephone pole on a straightaway in Dyberry Township, a rural area. He was killed instantly, and he was Peter and Joanne's oldest child. They have two others.

As a parent, I can't even begin to imagine what they're going through right now. I wouldn't wish that kind of tragedy on my worst enemy. My God, how can these things happen to good people?

Last edited:

mojomusicllc

Hey guys. Peter thanks you for your thoughts in this difficult time. My name is Joe and I work for Peter in his pickup shop and have been with him through this tragedy.

Josh was an amazing person who had touched so many lives in his short time with us. As DrumBob said, he was killed instantly and we know he felt no pain. He was Peter's youngest son.

It has been difficult, but Peter also wants you to know the shop is back up and running. Thanks for your support.

Trending Topics