rack units for my rig.

bilbal

Well after many different tries with amps, I have decided to move back into a rack rig. The last year or so I spent tons of coin on different amps and besides the Dr. Zs and Fuchs amps I have/had tried, I am now going with a Mesa Triaxis / 2:90 rig because of it versatility. I have a Nady stereo EQ unit, BBE sonic maximizer, a Korg tuner, and a Furman in my rack which will be filled with the other two pieces within a week or so. I am also thinking about getting a Soldano Spacebox for reverb. I am left with choosing a GOOD delay and a multi-fx unit for all the other effects I will use. Can you guys suggest a delay and a multi-fx to go along with what I already have or getting please?

thanks,
Bill

TheGrooveking

+1,000,000 on the Rocktron Replifex, great unit, very flexible and sounds excellent! Good Luck on the Soldano reverb unit, some of those Surf Boxes have gone for up to $6,000!

TheGrooveking

TheGrooveking

Even though I would assume the Space Box is a good sounding reverb, it's only mono. Plus the midi capabilities of TriAxis, I think you may be better off with a Lexicon MPX-1, or something equivalent. I am still a big proponent of the Replifex.

TheGrooveking

buddaman71

Student of Life
Gold Supporting Member
Rocktron Intellifex is the most transparent FX unit I have ever used.
DigiTech GSP1101 is the coolest overall rack pre/processor I have used and is very transparent as well.

rock on

nnajar

dump the bbe, pick up a used lexicon mpx1. it will beautifully handle your reverbs and delays. if you feel you need a dedicated delay unit also, tc d2. that should cover it.

nibus

Eventide Eclipse has some great sounding delay and effects, but it might be more than you need and possibly more than you want to spend as well. Eventually I want to dump my Timefactor and go to the Eclipse for delay and modulation. Dist/Overdrive on it is okay, not as good as the modulations.

TheGrooveking

You may want to verify the program change time on the Eclipse, it's not the fastest unit in that regard, so if you are changing programs mid song, you may have some waiting.

TheGrooveking

Trending Topics