Rackmount FX: TC or Lexicon?

Discussion in 'Digital & Modeling Gear' started by JZG, Jan 9, 2008.

1. JZG

JZG Member

I might be crazy, but I'm thinking of trying out a rackmount fx unit to provide my reverb and delay tones. I'll be using two amps, so I'd like one that has two discrete channels - delay on one side and verb on the other. I'm familiar with some of the lower end TC and Lexicon stuff from PA use. Does anybody run a similar setup or have suggestions for products to look for?

2. JZG

JZG Member

3. TAVD

TAVD Guitar Player Gold Supporting Member

You might want to check out the Kurzweil Rumour. The verbs are in between Lexicon & TC Elec but closer to Lexicon, which is a good thing, imo. Algorithms are straight from their KSP8. Plus it has top notch a/d/a conversion.

4. tng

tng Member

Think about tc m-one xl. You have the possibility of using the 2 engines for dual mono setup.
    I just got it a few days ago - good first impression on building and sound quality.

5. reo73

reo73 Member

I just got a Lexicon MX300 for Delay & Verb and it will run dual mono routing. But, I would go one more step and get the MX400 as it has better control than the 300. One thing on the Lexicon MX units, only use them if running parallel, they don't function well in series.

6. Glowing Tubes

Glowing Tubes Gold Supporting Member

Lexicon MPX-1, pretty inexpensive and really decent sounding. Programing takes a little getting used to but its got great reverb and delay.

Good luck

7. les

les Gold Supporting Member

+1 Great sounding, very clean and quiet. The UI is not easy to use for programing.

8. drbob1

drbob1 Silver Supporting Member

Look in pro studios and what do you see? Nothing much new in the delay/reverb/effects line: they're still using Lexicon PCM40/60/80 series, Eventide H3000s of one sort or another and TCs high end stuff. Why is this significant? Because a used H3000 isn't going to cost you a lot more than a new mid-range effects processor. Sure, it's only 16 bit/44 kHz, but it has top quality analog processing and great programming. If the $500 for an H3000 is too rich, I'd second the Lexicon MPX-1. Definitely on the high side of prosumer, almost pro gear...

9. LouRossi

LouRossi Member

Can you insert another unit in btw the front & rear inputs of the MX400. I like to put my looper after the delay & before the reverb

10. orogeny

orogeny Supporting Member

there is a 200 dollar lexicon my neighbor has (mpx200?) that is outstanding. . .

dual engine

dbx compression

can use via usb with your computer to save processing power in said computer

excellent verb and delay.

a steal if you ask me.

i have an early, wall-wort lexicon. not bad at all. . . but not nearly as versatile