Rackmount Reverb Recommendation

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by 1off2morrow, Feb 3, 2008.

1. 1off2morrow

1off2morrow Member

I'm trying to finish out a rack rig that includes an Egnater M4 and VHT 2/50/2 power amp. Delays are provided by a Line 6 Echo Pro but I'm wondering what to use for reverb? It's all controlled by a DMC Ground Control Plus. Take care and thanks for the help!

2. TheGrooveking

TheGrooveking Member

An Alternate Reality in a Parallel Universe...
    The Lexicon MPX-1 will give you stellar reverbs along with excellent midi implementation. Other great sounding non-midi reverb units are the Peavey Valverb or the Tube Works Real Tube Reverb, both are discontinued units but can be found from time to time on ebay.

TheGrooveking

3. James

James Member

For rackmount spring reverb:

1) Tube Works Real Tube Stereo Reverb (the best!)
    2) Peavey Valverb
    3) Demeter RealReverb

Both #1 and 2 are discontinued, but do come up on Ebay (Valverb more often.) I've never heard the Demeter, but knowing their pedals, I'd bet it's really good.

James

EDIT: GrooveKing beat me to it...Ditto what he said!

4. Ray Gianelli

Ray Gianelli Member

The MPX-1 is a great sounding unit. But the interface is a bit cumbersome to me. I've been using Rocktron stuff for years. The Intellifex has really nice reverbs, not in the same league as the Lexicon but very nice, and the interface is much easier to deal with. To be fair, the Lexicon has a lot more adjustable parameters, but you can get lost in there, even with a Windows based editor.

5. 1off2morrow

1off2morrow Member

Thanks! Would the TC G Force be overkill for just reverb? It's user interface seems fairly friendly and it has a tuner. Thanks for all the great ideas!

6. Ray Gianelli

Ray Gianelli Member

You might want to look into the G Major. While it's not the flagship like the G Force it's a much newer unit and I'm not sure that the reverb in the G Force would be that much (if at all) better.

I've got a G Major and a Replifex, and I prefer the Rocktron reverb. That's just a matter of taste, though.

7. 1off2morrow

1off2morrow Member

Thanks for the recommendations. I take it these are no longer in production? Do you prefer one over the other. For an amateur like myself, will it be difficult to dial a decent sound? Thanks!

8. re-animator

re-animator Senior Member

how come nobody has said chandler reverb yet??