Radial JDX Reactor for live sound

riffmeister

Anyone using this unit instead of a microphone for gigs? Looks like a nice unit......amp's speaker out into the unit, and then two outs from the unit...one to a speaker cab and the other to the mixing board. Does the JDX do a good job at speaker simulation? Anyone using something else similar?

Evo5150

Anyone using this unit instead of a microphone for gigs? Looks like a nice unit......amp's speaker out into the unit, and then two outs from the unit...one to a speaker cab and the other to the mixing board. Does the JDX do a good job at speaker simulation? Anyone using something else similar?

I used a Palmer PDI-09, which is the same theme. Yeah, I like it quite a bit. Makes things easier to set up, it's more consistent, etc. I've since switched to a Mesa Cabclone, but again, same general idea.

Personally I can't imagine going back to a regular mic.

sbrett

Been using a JDX for a couple of years now. I highly recommend it, especially if you use IEMs. If you like fiddling around with mic placement at a live gig, then you may not like it.

The only thing I don't like about the JDX is that it has a wall wart power supply and the cable is a little flimsy, but I can deal with that.