Radial JDX

Mullenski

Ok, you guys - this thing is pretty spectacular.
Played it tonight wired up to my Pro Junior. It was clear, clean, noiseless. Sounded fantastic and played exactly like an amp.
Far superior to micing up.

RCM78

I'm using the Palmer PDI09 and couldnt be happier!!! It's nice having a consistent signal sent to the board at every gig. Sound techs love it too...

Lance

Gold Supporting Member
Used my Ethos direct to the board last Saturday, and that thing just kills, too!

Hmm, I smell a shoot out.

sbrett

Anybody compare the JDX to the mesa cabclone? I've used a JDX for the past several years both live and recording (love it), but it would be nice to occasionally get that great of a direct sound without having to run a cab or plug into a power strip.

ldizzle

Silver Supporting Member
^ I'm waiting to find a deal on one. I've had several palmers and other alternatives- the torpedo cab is my favorite, but that's another price point.

bigEbeer

Silver Supporting Member
Is this the box for me???

I'm running a 70s Fender Twin. If I've read the radial website correctly, I can plug the speaker output of the twin into this box, then connect the speakers to the box, and not have to worry about blowing my amp up due to speaker load??

What kind of cable do I use to go from amp to the JDX?

SteveO

Is this the box for me???

I'm running a 70s Fender Twin. If I've read the radial website correctly, I can plug the speaker output of the twin into this box, then connect the speakers to the box, and not have to worry about blowing my amp up due to speaker load??

What kind of cable do I use to go from amp to the JDX?
Correct, the JDX runs inline between the speaker output on the amp and the speaker itself. Because it's a speaker-level signal going to and coming from the JDX, you need to use speaker cables. The JDX does NOT provide a speaker load though, so you cannot use it without a speaker attached (or a suitable load box in place of the speaker).

bigEbeer

Silver Supporting Member
Correct, the JDX runs inline between the speaker output on the amp and the speaker itself. Because it's a speaker-level signal going to and coming from the JDX, you need to use speaker cables. The JDX does NOT provide a speaker load though, so you cannot use it without a speaker attached (or a suitable load box in place of the speaker).
Great!! Thanks so much. Guess I'll be ordering one this week. I still want to use the speakers and use the JDX to get a recording feed