1. The Gear Page is run by musicians for musicians. We listen, we learn and if we misstep we are not afraid to do the right thing. We proposed some changes to the Emporiums. Based on feedback from members, we have decided to not go ahead with those changes. However, it has also highlighted that we need some community input into what is working and what is not working for members here. Primarily focused on the Emporiums, we'd like input on your thoughts about TGP and how things work in the Emporiums for you and how you'd improve them. The discussion thread on the is here!

Dismiss Notice

Radial Tonebone Trimode vs. Plexitube

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by mims2, Aug 27, 2008.

1. mims2

mims2 Member

I play in a cover band and use a Mesa F-50 head. I like the Mesa's distortion for some stuff but I need some different tones for other songs. I have been interested in these 2 pedals but dont have anywhere to try them out. Can anyone tell me the differences between these 2 pedals? Which one is more versatile if any? Thanks!

2. jlagrassa

jlagrassa Supporting Member

3. 4styx

4styx Member

The Plexitube is a 2 channel Hot British,not sure about the other one.Nothing has booted the Hot British off the board yet(and I've been trying).The secret is low gain and a Tungsol 12ax7(sounds way better than the JJs).

4. mims2

mims2 Member

hum. do you think I would be better getting the 2 channel or the regular Hot British?

5. macmax77

macmax77 Supporting Member

Dude, the Trimode is a beast of a pedal!

6. mims2

mims2 Member

whats the differences in tone between the blue and the red series? What are they based on?

7. Audioholic

Audioholic Member

Trimode is sweet, but with the F-50, I really liked the Jeckyl/Hyde pedal from Visual sound. gives you 2 different types of drive. Smoother OD, and then more aggressive distortion....

8. salvatruco

salvatruco Member

the plexitube has more gain, both are nice pedals...