• The Gear Page Apparel & Merch Shop is Open!

Based on member demand, The Gear Page is pleased to announce that our Apparel Merch Shop is now open. The shop’s link is in the blue Navigation bar (on the right side), “Shop,” with t-shirts, hats, neck buffs, and stickers to start. Here’s the direct link: www.thegearpageshop.com

You’ll find exclusive high-quality apparel and merchandise; all items are ethical, sustainably produced, and we will be continuously sourcing and adding new choices. 

We can ship internationally. All shipping is at cost.

Radical Red Reverb

windfeld

Hi guys

How do you guys like this as your only reverb with your amp? Does anyone of you use it on an amp without reverb?

I have a Sole-mate at the moment, but it takes up too much space on my board, so I would love something smaller.

It looks awful digital and cold that RRR, but how is it in real life? Does it have plenty of warmth? I will be using it with a tweed style 6l6 amp.

How does it react to gain?

My RRR sounds better than a lot of on board Verbs I've played. It definitely is the best Digital verb in a pedal I've ever played or heard.

rubbersoul

Silver Supporting Member
I use it with an amp w/o reverb and it sounds amazing!!!!!!!!! Tons of range with this pedal and I find it very warm sounding.

This was my BEST pedal purchase last year.

mad dog

Silver Supporting Member
Windfeld: I went the other direction, from a RRR as my only reverb to a Sole Mate. Because the spring sound is essential to me, was the only reason. The RRR has its own warmth, a subtle and real nice little extra shot of presence or something along with the reverb. I should have kept it. A really nice pedal.

windfeld

Thanks guys. I am not sure I am ready to part with my Sole-mate just yet, But I would love to try out that RRR.

How do guys think it works with gain?

blackba

Gold Supporting Member
Does the RRR work well in front of the amp as well as in the loop?

I heard the reverb was so nice on the RRR that I wouldn't even notice that there was no spring setting. I guess that was not the case for you mad_dog????

stubbyJ

Silver Supporting Member
I run the RRR for shorter reverbs and the Tech 21 Boost Reverb for longer reverbs in front of an EL34 shiva and I am very, very happy with the tones.

I had at one time the RRR, T21, Verbzilla, Hardwire and Boss RV-3.

The Hardwire is good, but the RRR and T21 are noticably better in my opinion.

If your looking for long dealys, the T21 is a very good option, but you are limited in reverb types. It does the shorter stuff wonderful as well, and is much cheaper than the RRR.

jzucker

Silver Supporting Member
the solemate adds treble. The RRR does add some fatness but it's good fatness.

Also noteworthy are the fuchs and the reverbulator.

rubbersoul

Silver Supporting Member
I use my RRR after my Keeley DS-1 and I couldn't be happier. I don't know if you'll want to run it into an overdriven amp...I don't think any reverb pedal sounds too good then...but I can't speak for all of 'em.

I prefer my RRR after my Keeley distortion and they work great together.

yellowecho

Ok. i really need to find one. Where do I get it? I can't seem to find it anywhere.
Email the guys at Analog Haven about their stock.
They're really awesome guys-- they even sent me pictures of their stock so I could select which artwork I wanted.

Also, what jzucker said about the RRR is true.. it does color your tone.. add 'fatness' as he said... but I personally love what it does. My guitar sounds anemic without it.

this1smyne

great pedals, but hard to find a paint scheme i like.... so many random paint jobs on these....

E Baxter Put

I just sold mine cause I needed the dough, but it does add an extra something to your sound. It works great in front of an amp and with gain. I used it with a fender tweed twin RI. The rotating speaker mode is top notch as well.

aaronweits

The RRR is a tad on the cold side--on a few of the settings.

The annoying 'pop' after you turn it on might be the only thing giving me that vibe. But I think it's common of most reverb pedals, Holy Grail, etc.

Trending Topics