• The Gear Page Apparel & Merch Shop is Open!

Based on member demand, The Gear Page is pleased to announce that our Apparel Merch Shop is now open. The shop’s link is in the blue Navigation bar (on the right side), “Shop,” with t-shirts, hats, neck buffs, and stickers to start. Here’s the direct link: www.thegearpageshop.com

You’ll find exclusive high-quality apparel and merchandise; all items are ethical, sustainably produced, and we will be continuously sourcing and adding new choices. 

We can ship internationally. All shipping is at cost.

Radio signals in my Vox AC30c2

Progman

Okay. Why the **** do I get radio interference coming out of my amp every 2 minutes... it goes away when I use a lot of gain. Is it just because I use a cheap-ass cable? I want to buy a Monster Rock Cable. Will that do any difference? Thanks.

Guitarworks

Any brand cable can be susceptible to RF. It depends on your location. A friend of mine routinely amplifies radio signals. It only happens at his house, not anywhere else because his house is in the vicinity of broadcast towers. When I was a kid, my cords would pick up radio signals from small aircraft flying over the house, because my folks house was near a municipal airport and sat right under the flightline of approaching planes.

jrjones

Silver Supporting Member
Ya know some gear just does it. My old ac30cc2x never did. My axe-fx rig never has. When it was down a while back and I was using a Jackson Britain 4.0 at home and it picked up tv shows. It was ridiculous. Then the old crate bass amp at my church, (this was super weird) when turned off sent radio stations to the board, so either we left it on or muted the channel on the mixer (ideally both). If you left it on, no interference with no signal coming through but the second you turn it off it became a huge antenna.

Chiba

Platinum Supporting Member
Folks, please don't quote the spam messages - report them. When you quote them it just makes more work for the moderators.

Thanks.

Chiba

Platinum Supporting Member
Folks, please don't quote the spam messages - report them. When you quote them it just makes more work for the moderators.

Thanks.

Trending Topics