Ragin Cajuns sound "dark" ?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs' started by Frostbite Slim, Jan 6, 2008.

1. Frostbite Slim

Frostbite Slim Member

I've read the multitude of posts regarding the Ragin Cajuns. In the posts, I've really never heard someone say their dark sounding. I have read that the Copperhead is brighter than the RC, but that doesn't really mean the RC is dark...does it?

I plan on pairing the cajuns with two weber (ceramic) california 10's in a Super Reverb. The goal here is lots of headroom with big thumpin' bottom, clear mids, and articulate transparent "bell-like" highs.

The more I read, the more I feel I should have maybe gotten the Copperheads instead :confused:

2. keninsyr

keninsyr Member

I have RC's in my Allen Old Flame and I find them to be very in your face.
    They have a nice glassy high end without being to bright. While they have a lot of headroom I wish they had a little more bottom end. They seem to cover the whole tonal spectrum pretty evenly. My other Old Flame has Allens own speakers in it and they have a little more low end thump but break up quicker.

3. Frostbite Slim

Frostbite Slim Member

Thanks for the input keninsyr. What speaker config. is your old flame?

4. keninsyr

keninsyr Member

2-10's, 40 watts

5. jumpnblues

jumpnblues Member

Another great sounding, well balanced, speaker that would go really well with your Cali's is the Weber C10N (10F150). Lots of tight bottom and plenty of balanced mids and highs. You'll need to break 'em in though as you do most speakers (especially Webers) before making a final judgment. But I'm bettin' you'll really like 'em with your Ceramic Californias (the Cali's will add sparkle). Outstanding combination in a Super Reverb, especially if you're looking for headroom.

Tom

6. Frostbite Slim

Frostbite Slim Member

Thanks for the replys. Jumpnblues...great recommendation, never thought of that speaker.

7. cerebralpaul

cerebralpaul Member

So the Cali's have more "sparkle" than 10f150's? Is that with aluminum domes? I use paper dome Cali's and was considering the f150 for more highs... wrong assumption I guess? What do the f150's bring to the table that the Cali's don't have? Just breakup? Should I ask some more questions in this post? :D

8. Frostbite Slim

Frostbite Slim Member

Hmmm.....the cali's I'll be using are with paper domes. Good question.