Rainbow Guitars in Tucson?

VaughnC

Silver Supporting Member
Anyone ever dealt with them? They have a guitar I'm interested in but I know nothing about them.

Raygun Gothic

They are very well known. Their repair shop is fantastic; at least it was the last time I was there about 5 years ago.

Billy Gibbons is a regular customer.

ropiyas

I bought my best guitar from them.
They're amazing.
Mike sent me pictures of the guitar I was interested in and other ones (just like it) before I actually purchased it.
Their customer service is beyond great.
They're super legit.

imastratoholic

Silver Supporting Member
I've yet to get down there and check out Rainbow Guitars, but I've heard nothing but great things about them.

Eskimo_Joe

Rocker, roller, way out of controller
Silver Supporting Member
Read their bio on their website. Very awesome, first rate kind of place.

OnlyVees

I'm a Tucson local; have bought a handful of guitars, amps, etc... from Rainbow. Always first-rate service. Their repair shop is also top-notch.

musicman10_1

Silver Supporting Member
I've been in the shop and they are excellent. Great people, great inventory, and great service. Their web site is very well done also. I would not hesitate to do business.

Sweetfinger

Silver Supporting Member
They have a good reputation in these parts. You should have no reservations about doing business with them.

Peppy

Anyone ever dealt with them? They have a guitar I'm interested in but I know nothing about them.
Let me know which guitar, I'll check it out. I have bought thousands upon thousands of dollars of guitars and amps from Rainbow over the decades.

riker4208

Hey Peppy, I bought my first dream guitAr there in 1991, a 1979 strat and jc120.

A local guitar hero names Javier Mendosa helped me negotiate the deal, ever heard or seen that guy around?

blujaz1

They're solid. Like any music store they'll insult you with what they'll give you for a trade, but that's business I guess. I've bought 3 guitars from them over the years the first being a used Gibson Heritage acoustic back in 1982 at their old location. I currently have my '82 Gibson 335 there for a refret so I guess you can say I think they're to be trusted doing business with.

guitarjazz

Gold Supporting Member
When I was on the road I used to love to stop in to the Chicago Music Store...with the harp guitar hanging over the front door. Last time I went there they had crime scene tape in parts of the store. My kinda joint.

Cuthbert

Was there last month, a fantastic store, not many of them left. Is that Collings OM1 still there?

parts

Also a local.. Rainbow is excellent. Bought my 71 Les Paul from just yester..er..wait 1974 i think..when it was the little shop around the corner on Grant Rd..
Bought and traded a lot with Harvey back in the days..