Rainy Day Pedal Fun

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by Chief Brody, Apr 5, 2015.

1. Chief Brody

Chief Brody Member

Holy crap, it is actually raining in California. Time for some pedal fun. Several variables have been added to my signal chain recently and today I'll spend in experiment mode with said variables.

I've been a semi-minimalist for quite some time (crybaby - Boss dd2 delay - Diaz Tremodillo - Boogie Mk III). Historically, all my dirt came from the amp. I've also had a Fulltone OCD for a while, but I've just been using that in front of my '65 Champ at home and for recording. Only recently did I start putting the OCD in front of my Mk III. And I'm having fun with the options.

Also, recently my DD2 died (don't weep - It's Easter and there is a resurrection story) so I bought a Catalinbread Echorec. Love it! I also decided to pick my toys up off the floor and finally picked up an actual pedal board (PT2). Then, because this whole pedal thing is so much fun, I built another dirt pedal (pretty simple Electra-based distortion that can get into that fuzzy range when pushed). With my first pedal build under my belt, I decided that the DD2 just couldn't be dead so I consulted the internet and yesterday brought that back to life.

Now I have, for me, a **** ton of gadgets to play with, so play I will. I've tried a variety of this-before-that options to date. I usually put everything in front of the Mk III instead of using the loop, more for simplicity than anything else. Today I'll be mixing things up in front of the Champ, so all dirt is on the board.

At the end of the day, my ears will be the deciders, but if anyone wants to play, here's what I have at my disposal. What order would you put them in and why?

Fulltone OCD
    Tamal Distortion
    Dunlop Crybaby (old one, maybe 1990ish)
    MXR Phase 90
    Diaz Texas Tremodillo
    Boss DD2 Delay
    Catalinbread Echorec Delay

Oh, and I'll be using a '79 LP Custom.

Cheers and hooray for rain!

Brian

2. drifterphase

drifterphase Supporting Member

Taking advantage of rainy California day myself. Going to get to know my möbius a little better. Just got it last week.