Random Facebook friend requests

Discussion in 'The Pub' started by filtersweep, May 3, 2016.

1. filtersweep

filtersweep Member

I have about 10 'friend requests' sitting in my inbox from people I don't know.

Not only don't I know them, but we have no friends in common. Most have one or two photos. Most have almost no activity on their profiles. Most I can't even tell where they are from.

Who are these people? I could see if we had friends in common that someone accidentally may have pressed a button on a phone, or something, but these are completely random.

MrLahey likes this.
  2. travisvwright

travisvwright Member

They are spammers. My opinion is "if you have to ask then we aren't friends".

3. Dr. Tweedbucket

Dr. Tweedbucket Deluxe model available !!!11

Gamma Ray detection station on Mt. Kwakkleberry
    Yeah, I think some people just want to pile up their friend count or something :dunno or spammers ... I hate facebook and try to avoid it. The sad thing is, some people you need to stay in contact with only contact with facebook .... it's a sickness of some sort :huh

MrLahey likes this.
  4. filtersweep

filtersweep Member

Spammers for what?!? They have zero activity.

5. travisvwright

travisvwright Member

They direct message all of their "Friends". Don't you want to know what great opportunities they are offering?

Jamalot likes this.
  6. GCDEF

GCDEF Supporting Member

I don't know, but I get them too. Usually they're hot girls in another state. I'm sure it's a scam of some sort, but I don't know what.

7. swiveltung

swiveltung Member

Spammers. I usually check their pages and often they have a pic or two and no info there.

8. murph7489

murph7489 Member

I got one a couple of weeks ago, it was a message from messenger. She told me how she was looking to meet people ( I knew this was probably stupid to even answer but I was bored.) She went on to ask if I was single or married, then I told her I was single and then she explained that she was looking to get into a relationship leading into marriage. I told her that since she lived a couple states away she would be better off confining her search to her area. Then she further says that she is in fact in Ghana. But she wants to come back to the states and live with and marry me...lol...I'm like uh, I think you need to live in the states and meet someone then date for awhile before considering marriage. She then said she wanted to stay friends with me and continue to develop a relationship with me....Delete...lol

9. murph7489

murph7489 Member

I call that the holding pen, I have like 30+ people that I actually know sitting in the holding pen while I think on it, sometimes when bored I go through the holding pen and make decisions on who gets in or gets deleted...

Washburnmemphis likes this.
  10. derekd

derekd Supporting Member

Yep, the old hot girls from out of state scam.

I'm a sucker for that one. :D

11. lp_bruce

lp_bruce Member

If I don't know them, I just delete the request.

Peace,

sanrico likes this.
  12. mannish

mannish Member

I just delete it even if we got mutual friends I don't always confirm. I am not very active on FB so doesn't really matter but I am not likely to let you use my feed for your advertising....

13. phoenix 7

phoenix 7 Silver Supporting Member

I get them all the time. Just hit "delete" and "spam."

sanrico likes this.