Random noodling over Slofunk backing...

Deaj

Hello all,

I'm just barely unpacked into the music room in our new home - I've never had a dedicated music room so I'm pretty excited! Anyway I got my DAW all set up and thought I'd test everything out. This is a one-take random noodling over a great backing track I downloaded from here a while back (thanks to whomever provided the cool backing track :dude ). It's a bit sloppy but sounds cool. :)

recorded with a PRS CE24 w/Seth Lovers, bridge pickup through a Fuchs ODS 50 combo close mic'd with both a SM57 and a CAD M39 with some light processing.

My SloFunk noodling

Comments?

Thanks everyone

Very nice, I enjoyed that.

Agree with cpokay about the stifled top end, but overall a nice recording.

Care to share that backing track?

TTF

Deaj

Thanks for the comments guys! I think the choked top end is a result of the way I recorded this one (still experimenting with mics and placement). I agree as well - the highs are lacking and somewhat compressed. This was not the case live in the room but somehow it didn't translate as well to disk.

Here's the backing track:

SloFunk backing track

Again, thanks extended to whomever originally provided this backing - it's very cool!!!!

Thanks for the backing mp3!

TTF

Originally posted by Deaj
Thanks for the comments guys! I think the choked top end is a result of the way I recorded this one (still experimenting with mics and placement). I agree as well - the highs are lacking and somewhat compressed. This was not the case live in the room but somehow it didn't translate as well to disk.

Here's the backing track:

SloFunk backing track

Again, thanks extended to whomever originally provided this backing - it's very cool!!!!

Deaj

Originally posted by cpokay
Dude -- sweet clip, really REALLY nice playing, very easy style you got there and a nice full vocabulary, I enjoyed listening to it (makes me want to put it on in the background and go "hassle" my wife, so to speak).

The only thing I'd want for me (just a matter of taste) is to dial into the recording a little more *sparkle* and "openness" in the upper registers if that makes sense, your tone "as is" is a little compressed up in the treble-y end of things to suit my tastes-- but as a rule, I like things kinda chimey, and that may not be your thang.

Otherwise, crystal clear recording, nice mix (your guitar sits in a place I personally prefer - that is, in the center, plus a little off to one side), and well done on your leveling and reverb on there (unobtrusive), and your mics and new interface seem to be working great in your new music room!

Thanks for sharing!

Chris
Thanks man!

The reverb is the Spin Audio Roomverb plugin I was telling you about - killer verb but it takes alot of processing power.

Trending Topics