Random Strobostomp Question of the Day...

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by jokerjkny, May 17, 2006.

1. jokerjkny

jokerjkny Member

ok,

so, the screen to my strobostomp isnt working. i dont see anything on the screen. but the green status light does work, and change w/ the flip of the stompswitch.

yesterday the screen did come back , and all was well. but today its gone again. is there a feature that i'm not aware of, or should i just get off my butt and make use of the warranty?

2. rfmason

rfmason Member

I had a similar problem. Did you recently switch batteries? Some batteries don't work (non-allkaline if I remember correctly). Try a different battery; worked for me. Hope that helps.

Rob M.

3. radcliff

radcliff Member

i was checking one out at GC yesterday and the plastic was pealing off....not a good thing for a 190 dollar tuner

i came home and ordered a Korg DT-10 instead

4. Fuzzdawg

Fuzzdawg Member

the plastic on the screen that was peeling off at GC was a thin protective plastic skin that you are supposed to remove once you purchase the pedal that is not his problem

5. 6789

6789 Member

have you tried it with a power supply other than a battery?

6. radcliff

radcliff Member

no it was the big poofy plastic thing with the graphics
    for 190 i wish it was at least made of metal

7. 908SSP

908SSP Member

It is made of metal. Not the clear plastic but the case is.

8. jokerjkny

jokerjkny Member

thx guys,

but yea, i was using a godlyke one spot wall wart. worked fine yesterday, now it dont. :(

9. fusionid

fusionid Supporting Member

yeah that happens.
    Mine came off and I used super glue to secure. I think the design is nearly perfect but whoever is making the units is crapola. Nevertheless the best tuner outthere bar none.

10. landru64

landru64 Member

notwithstanding some enthusiasm for the strobostomp, go to their forum at http://www.petersontuners.com/forum/default.asp and read about all the problems people are having with them. like, for instance, how fragile they are. like how a lot of them make an audible pop when they're in true bypass mode.

that said, the peterson people have been really great when i've had problems with their products.