• The Gear Page Apparel & Merch Shop is Open!

Based on member demand, The Gear Page is pleased to announce that our Apparel Merch Shop is now open. The shop’s link is in the blue Navigation bar (on the right side), “Shop,” with t-shirts, hats, neck buffs, and stickers to start. Here’s the direct link: www.thegearpageshop.com

You’ll find exclusive high-quality apparel and merchandise; all items are ethical, sustainably produced, and we will be continuously sourcing and adding new choices. 

We can ship internationally. All shipping is at cost.

Randy Rhoads 27 Years On

todd richman

Today marks the 27th anniversary of that dark day when the world lost a truly great musician and person. Every year on this day I think about him and what would have been. God Bless Randy Rhoads.

Twangmaster

Didn't realize it was that long ago! I'm one of the few who got to see RR on tour with Ozzy. What a technician, and what a player.

TommyMambo

Not to disparage him, as I think Randy was really good. I just never liked his tone, and don't consider him an innovator like Jimi, Jeff or EVH.

dwes

Randy Rhoads. I wouldn't play guitar had he not hooked up with Ozzy. Great songs, great playing, inspirational ( to me ).
RIP, Randy!

todd richman

His uniqueness and originality at that time in rock history is what sets him apart. Plus, from the interviews I have read over the years, he seemed like a truly sweet, kind soul. I actually talked with Delores Rhoads right after his death and even at that terrible tragic time in her life, she was gracious and so warm to me. I miss his music to this day.

surfshack

oh yeah...i remember when i first heard "blizzard of ozz" cranked on vinyl.....it was like "YES!"....like a breath of energy and fresh air.

his soloing is so fluent and original too......strong songwriter.....he had the gift......too bad he's gone now......RIP Randy!!

NortheastHick

Silver Supporting Member
I had concert tickets in my wallet to see them when i heard the news. So young. He was and is a musical influence to me.

todd richman

He will always be an influence on me even though I really do not play that style. I also was supposed to see the Blizzard 1 week after his death, at the Spectrum in Philly. I never did see that tour-I think it came around with Bernie Torme on guitar before Brad Gillis stepped in for the rest of the dates.

Glass Onion

Toneful truth seeker.
Platinum Supporting Member
First riff I ever learned was Crazy Train. Everything else seemed to fall right out of my head but that riff and all his playing just stuck and inspired me to stick with it. I would not be palying if not for him. Great player and from all accounts a good person. He will always be missed.

geetarboy

I rememeber hearing that he died. I was in eighth grade and had been playing for about six months and he was one of my heros. Very sad. He's still an influence on me to this day.

mge80

Even sadder because he got caught up (whether by choice or chance) in doing something really, REALLY stupid.

buddastrat

Randy lives on in his music. It's too bad there's so little. He wrote some amazing stuff. One of my all time favorites.

Glass Onion

Toneful truth seeker.
Platinum Supporting Member
Happy Birthday Luke. I had a good friend die in a motorcycle wreck on my 18th birthday. It took me a few years to look back and ask what did I do for my 18th. Then it hit me. Now me and some friends always toast our lost friend on my birthday.

SimonBSinister

Gold Supporting Member
He will always be an influence on me even though I really do not play that style. I also was supposed to see the Blizzard 1 week after his death, at the Spectrum in Philly. I never did see that tour-I think it came around with Bernie Torme on guitar before Brad Gillis stepped in for the rest of the dates.

I also had tickets for the show at the Spectrum. I remember UFO was opening for them and this was my first chance to see them. By the time of the makeup concert it was Brad Gillis playing and UFO was no longer on the tour. On a positive the opening band ended up being Magnum who I had never heard of before then and they were GREAT.....

Saw Randy 3 times most memorable was at the Paldium in NYC. Had 11th row with members of the Ramones and the Plasmatics sitting in our row....

The world is a lesser place without him....

SBS

roadfilm

I saw RR with Ozzy in Des Moines, IA in either January or February of 1982. This of course was the infamous Ozzy biting the head off the bat gig. They were pretty out of control at that show. A couple years later I happened to work with a guy who's best friend brought the bat to the show. It was already dead and decomposing. He had it in a baggie and tossed it on the stage about mid show. Ozzy thought it was a fake rubber bat and stuck it in his mouth and pranced around the stage with it dangling from his teeth. He freaked when he realized it was real screaming, laughing "YOU MO****F*****S ARE CRAZYYY" . Ah the good old days. Sure doesn't seem like 27 years ago.

WILLIEKENDRICK

Silver Supporting Member
Rock On RR! Seemed like an easy to talk to, dedicated person. Wish we had more like him on this planet... :(

Trending Topics