Randy Rhoads Les Paul question

n4p226r

Silver Supporting Member
Anyone know the real history of this guitar? I’ve heard it was a 74 most places and a 72 some places. I’m guessing 72 because wouldn’t a 74 have the 20th anniversary inlay? Either way I love some white Les Paul customs.

As a side note: DeBrow and the guys in Q.R. bought it for him because at the time he was playing an SG that would not stay in tune. I don't know why they thought the LP would stay in tune better, but that's the story.

Anyone know the real history of this guitar? I’ve heard it was a 74 most places and a 72 some places. I’m guessing 72 because wouldn’t a 74 have the 20th anniversary inlay? Either way I love some white Les Paul customs.

It's Randy Rhoads* :), and it was a 1974.

Guitarworks

As a side note: DeBrow and the guys in Q.R. bought it for him because at the time he was playing an SG that would not stay in tune. I don't know why they thought the LP would stay in tune better, but that's the story.
:rotflmao
That was my very thought as I was reading it. Well-played.

X Ray

A page, quite good, telling (among others) the history of that Les Paul

A Premier report

Kyusha

A page, quite good, telling (among others) the history of that Les Paul

A Premier report

first link says 74 and second one says 72 lol

NSDQRKR

I think his 74 LP was stock except for the tuners lol according to various accounts. Although RR is known for the V his LP may have been his favorite. Saw him in concert before he died…yes there is a lot of hype surrounding him but he was pretty awesome. And I had seen EVH live twice before seeing RR. Ozzy sounded terrible though…just like DLR.

skhan007

It must've been tough for someone of slight stature to gig a 10 lb. beast of a boat anchor like a Norlin-era LPC.

agquake

Silver Supporting Member
It’s *DuBrow, as an fyi.

stargazer747

Most articles I remember reading back in the 80s from so many guitar mags that Randy Rhoads graced the front cover of as well as many recent online references listed it as a '74 model.

Trending Topics

Top Bottom