RANT : Too much click bait BS on youtube

TopDog

"jumping the valence"
Gold Supporting Member
I find the YouTube video click bait over the top. You get seduced into clicking on it only to find it's total crap!

The biggest offender is Rick Beato....

I'm not talking about Beato's lessons or guitar related stuff. It's his other crap...

I don't click on it because I'm not interested and I know it's click bait. That fact that he puts this click bait **** out there just annoys me. No tolerance for sneaky salesmanship!

Last edited:

Marrsumm

I can personally do without the reaction type videos and streaming chats. When YouTube is your primary means of making a living you have to feed the algorithmic beast a steady diet of junk like that. It honestly seems fairly depressing, but most jobs have sh*tty aspects.

His in-depth analysis videos are still dope.

WordMan

Wax Rhapsodic
Platinum Supporting Member
I find the YouTube video click bait over the top....Then you click to find that the content is weak.

The biggest offender is Rick Beato....

I know ---- don't fall prey and click on it!

Just focus on Tom Bukovac.

phil_m

Trying is the first step towards failure.
Gold Supporting Member
Never heard of him.

Will avoid.

Well, don't let the curmudgeons that hang out here decide for you... He actually knows his stuff, and while I find some of his videos too long, I have learned some useful stuff from him. I really don't understand the hate he gets around here. He has an ear-training course he sells along with a theory e-book... He has the gall to advertise them on his channel, and that ruffles feathers... I guess he should start focusing on the cufflinks, neckties and back-scratchers to be TGP approved.

Big'Uns

I tend to only look at what’s being posted by the channels I subscribe to, because the algorithm has my default feed rife with that trash. I fondly recall the early days of YouTube……..

myphriendmike

It’s such a shame that nearly all guitar related videos are geared toward beginners. How many CAGED intro videos does the world need? Finally started using Truefire for that fix.

On the flip side:
I have all but stopped using Youtube since they started putting ads in the middle of the videos.
It wasn't so bad to see an ad at the beginning, especially if you can skip it, but now I'm seeing ads in the middle that you can't skip.

I finally subscribed to YouTube premium. It’s exorbitant, but I firmly believe the world needs fewer ads, and we have to be willing to pay for that. The experience is significantly better. So nice to just throw on a vid without watching some ******** first.

Jollyb

Gold Supporting Member
Its like an Adolf Poll here on TGP. It is what it is. You know exactly what your participating in before you do. Its up to you. I'm sitting in a patrol car with 10-15 minutes to kill its all good fun. Todays my day off and my time is wayyyyy more valuable. Nope.

Earl Foote

Gold Supporting Member
It’s such a shame that nearly all guitar related videos are geared toward beginners. How many CAGED intro videos does the world need? Finally started using Truefire for that fix.

On the flip side:

I finally subscribed to YouTube premium. It’s exorbitant, but I firmly believe the world needs fewer ads, and we have to be willing to pay for that. The experience is significantly better. So nice to just throw on a vid without watching some ******** first.
I'll second the vote on YouTube Premium - totally worth it!

Chills or reaction videos or clips where someone took someones music and is selling ads ayup the negative on youtube . I still like it overall

Trending Topics

Top Bottom