Rap music fans, check this out

Discussion in 'The Sound Hound Lounge' started by Creighton, May 23, 2015.

1. Creighton

Creighton Member

Let me know what you think about this artist. Does he have commercial potential?

2. ohiomatt33

ohiomatt33 Member

He's like Lil' B, but not interesting. #BasedGod

3. Creighton

Creighton Member

I think he's entertaining at least, and talented. A bit of humor in the overly serious world of modern hip hop.

4. WastedAwayAgain

WastedAwayAgain Member

Commercial appeal for what exactly? Commercial appeal as a hit song? No, all he did was make a parody of someone elses commercial hit song from a few years ago, sorry, he's not Weird Al (but at least Weird Al picks halfway current songs to parody, and ride the original's wave). But now as far as commercial appeal as a hiphop, artist? Maybe... I've only watched this one video you posted of that guy so I dont know if parodies are all he does (just like 100 other guys on youtube) or if he actually creates any of his own music. He wasn't wack, but it sounded like he just took Ross's beat and put his own lyrics on it with a comedic twist. It's obvious he has a little bit of talent and a good deal of money behind him (that video alone couldn't have been cheap to make).

Short answer: That song will never be a "hit", but the guy (I never saw his name) has a little potential and if he gets into the right situation at the right time, who knows what could happen.

5. jjboogie

jjboogie Member

I think the song and video and rapper completely blow chunks. No originality while riding on the wagon of already ridiculously cliche' beats and rapping styles.

6. blackmore11

blackmore11 Member

Hehe! It was ok. He made me laugh a quite a few times.