• The Gear Page Apparel & Merch Shop is Open!

Based on member demand, The Gear Page is pleased to announce that our Apparel Merch Shop is now open. The shop’s link is in the blue Navigation bar (on the right side), “Shop,” with t-shirts, hats, neck buffs, and stickers to start. Here’s the direct link: www.thegearpageshop.com

You’ll find exclusive high-quality apparel and merchandise; all items are ethical, sustainably produced, and we will be continuously sourcing and adding new choices. 

We can ship internationally. All shipping is at cost.

Rare Incoming Amp: Budda Verbmaster 4x10 from 1990's

thechamp

I'm so pumped~! I :drool the frequency deal associated with 4x10. Loved the Super Reverb and Concert Reverb.

I have a SD18 head going into 2x12 Greenback cab. I'm going to A/B test the two Budda rigs and choose one/sell the other.

Anybody played a Budda 4x10 and willing to share? Info is HARD to come by re: these amps because there aren't very many of em out there.

HEY! I am so freaking pumped. I've been looking for ANY info about the Verbmaster 30 4x10 that I have... Literally no one has one. Did you end up selling it, or finding any more information about it??

Fishyfishfish

The one I played sounded awesome clean
almost vox camp. I was expecting more gain and the weight seemed about the same as a super.

bgmacaw

I was at a jam back in the 90's where somebody had one. I remember it sounding really good.

somecafone

I had a Budda 4x10.
Can't remember the name but I know it didn't have Reverb.
It did have the cab switching feature which I thought was brilliant, even though I never utilized it.
Great amp.
Be warned.
The drive channel, while glorious, doesn't work like a conventional pre/post master amp.
It's gotta be LOUD to get it cooking.

jamester

Gold Supporting Member
Very cool!

A 90's Verbmaster 18 1x12 was my main amp for a good decade. Sold it a couple years ago, miss it but don't really regret moving it on as I wasn't using it anymore. I can't imagine how heavy the 4x10 must be, my 1x12 was a beast! Loved the tone, but it had a lot of idle hum, and the reverb added as much hiss as it did reverb. I had Bober service it, he said that's just the way it is. Wished I had gotten the Stringmaster since I ended up using a reverb pedal. But the tone was killer; super muscular, dark and chimey at the same time..

Toowoombaus

Cool Beans! I had a Budda Stringmaster 4x10 for a few years and I loved it. No master volume so it was loud and wild!

When I got my Vox AC30 BM, I strummed my first chord and thought "I know this sound... Budda"

Obviously Budda copied Vox and did a good job of it! By the way the cab is made out of pine and it isn't heavy at all!

Super touch sensitive! The cleans especially with single coils were like little bells. It had something in it that allowed you to turn the guitar volume down and retain the high end.

I didn't have an attenuator and it was too loud, and I wanted to try other things. Here is a video I made.

Spider-Man

Silver Supporting Member
I had an 18 watt Verbmaster 1x12 that I sold to a friend. That amp sounded great with both single coils and humbuckers. He doesn't use it very often, but I can't get him to sell it back...

LesPaulPlayer

I really like the old Buddas and the obscure ones are always exciting to see come out of the woodwork.

I still have a 1x12" Verbmaster 18 from 2000. I'm the original owner and actually ordered it directly from Budda; that's the way it was done back then. The amp is still 100% stock and even the original filter caps are still working fine.

The comment above about it being muscular, dark and chimey at the same time is an apt description. It's hard to describe in words and difficult to compare to other amps because it's a very unique sound. Not even other Budda amps, old or new, sound quite like the Verbmaster. The basic tone has a lot of breath and air around the notes...and that's before the reverb is even turned on. It is a spongy, compressed, gooey reactive kind of amp. It's less immediate than a Twinmaster. After the initial attack of the note, there is a lot of natural compression and a super-organic note decay that just gets better as the volume is turned up. It's non-master volume so if you want lots of amp overdrive, you'll need a large venue or an attenuator.

Toowoombaus, I love your Stingmaster demo! Entertaining, great playing and great tone! What a great amp!

Trending Topics