Rare late 60's Fender option I have never seen.

IPLAYLOUD

Gold Supporting Member
Neck Inlays. $10 per letter.
It was in the 1968 catalogue showing an artist's version, not a real inlay job. 35 years of following Fender Guitars and I have never seen one or spoken with anyone who has. It reads BUCK Owens, not DUCK Owens. ;-)
(Watch: I'm going to the Philly Vintage Show this weekend and will probably see 4 of them!)

glaswerks

I remember every country picker in Bakersfield having their name on their stick back in the 60's. Mosrite also did it as an option at the time. I always thought it was some local luthier that was making a few extra bucks (no pun intended) customizing guitars.

IPLAYLOUD

Gold Supporting Member
I love the look of a name on an old guitar.
When my g/f built me an Esquire, we talked about painting the name "Digs Miller" in a Lasso Rope type design on it and making it look old to match her relic job. We created the whole "Digs Miller" legacy in our heads.
Maybe one day.

There was a Pedal Steel at the Philly show a few years back that belonged to Leon McAuliffe. It had his name on both necks and Diamonds/Spades/Hearts/Clubs all over it.

andycaster

Think both Chris Isaak and Elvis Costello has guitars with their name on the fretboard. Kinda cool in a throwback way.

I hope the poster above realizes he'll be inciting lots of divorces with the talk of relic Esquire-building girlfriends.

IPLAYLOUD

Gold Supporting Member
Her maiden name was Miller, so it was a nod to her.
She's gorgeous, builds Guitars, and I am the luckiest shmoe guy I know. ;-)

Trending Topics