Rascal Flatts fans?

PedalFreak

Silver Supporting Member
I dig them. Their guitar player is a fellow gear slut. Might go see them at their Wrigley Field show this summer.

buddaman71

Student of Life
Gold Supporting Member
I wish they'd rock out a bit more, but they make so much money making soccer mom pop, I guess you can't blame them.

Joe Don has a killer rig, can shred and is married to a PMOY.

Not bad for an Okie from a hicktown of about 200 people.

BBSuggs

Excellent Pop/Country. Do they write their own stuff? Such a distinct vocal. Tough to cover. Nothing wrong with being popular and playing with a successful formula.

Uhhh....I like Hound Dog Taylor.

Makes about as much sense.

:jo

Reeeely? Okay, lemme attempt to 'splain the connection. Ready? Here goes: Rascal Flatts...Lester Flatt. Many letters in the two names very similar. Following so far? Good. Try to keep up. Here's more. Lester Flatt: country music musician. Rascal Flatts: uh, well, um...from the same country, anyway. Got it now?
Hey, this is fun! Now let's try Hound Dog Taylor and Elvis! You go first.

Gas-man

Unrepentant Massaganist
Reeeely? Okay, lemme attempt to 'splain the connection. Ready? Here goes: Rascal Flatts...Lester Flatt. Many letters in the two names very similar. Following so far? Good. Try to keep up. Here's more. Lester Flatt: country music musician. Rascal Flatts: uh, well, um...from the same country, anyway. Got it now?
Hey, this is fun! Now let's try Hound Dog Taylor and Elvis! You go first.

Yes, I was slow on the uptake.

You are smart. I am dumb. Good?

JohnK24

Silver Supporting Member
Saw them twice during the Brooks and Dunn Neon Circus tour...not bad, great live vocals, Gary LaVox has some pipes. They did a great cover of Boston's "Long Time" as encore. They are the typical soccer mom NasVegas band, marketed well, have their tunes coming from songwriter's row...ymmv

I like them. I'm liking a lot more country music these days - Pat Green and the Zach Brown Band are pretty good too. I'm still a bluesy rocker at heart, though.

I dig them. Their guitar player is a fellow gear slut. Might go see them at their Wrigley Field show this summer.
Wrigley Field!? That sounds amazing. I haven't seen them live but I bet they're really good. The guitar leads just sound like they would be amazing live. BTW, I noticed the guitars you play---for acoustics do you like your Taylor more or your Martin? I'm going to pick up a new acoustic, but may just come out of left field and pick up the Gibson SJ200.

Trending Topics

Top Bottom