Rat and ts9 in one pedal?

89strat

My favorite combo, which is often talked about and praised here is a Rat and Ts9. Just wondering if there is a pedal that has both, or one that comes closest that can be switched on individually or stacked.

LashDogg

I have a
My favorite combo, which is often talked about and praised here is a Rat and Ts9. Just wondering if there is a pedal that has both, or one that comes closest that can be switched on individually or stacked.
DigiTech DF-7 has both and more. It's no longer available new, but I got mine for less than $40 used.

Gibs210

Aren’t the old v1 and v2 visual sound Jekyll and Hyde pedals this exact combination? Used to run a v2 for a long time.

with some programming in the editor/app, any of the one series distortion pedals can do that (shameless plug, read my signature, apologies if I’m crossing the line).

89strat

Aren’t the old v1 and v2 visual sound Jekyll and Hyde pedals this exact combination? Used to run a v2 for a long time
The Jekyll and hyde was a shredmaster and ts808. I had the earlier versions of them. Didnt like the way they stacked, and I couldn't run the ts808 side into the shredmaster. I should revisit the newer versions.

jvin248

Get a mini Rat and a mini TS, like the import clones that are less than $30 each, take the backs off and remove the jacks on their common side so you can drill the cases and bolt them side by side. Hard wire one into the other. Then you have a dual standard sized pedal or at least pretty close. And it would be cool. ... I might do this myself now.

ericb

Gold Supporting Member
The Jekyll and hyde was a shredmaster and ts808. I had the earlier versions of them. Didnt like the way they stacked, and I couldn't run the ts808 side into the shredmaster. I should revisit the newer versions.
I love the HYDE part so much I bought a few Son of Hydes over the years, but yep , agree, they don't stack well in the Jekyll and Hyde. I ran a Tube Screamer into a RAT for years with various amps and love that combo also, but today I have so many pedals I can pretty much always find 2 to match my amp and make up for that combo

Eric

Gclef

I love a rat as a tone shaper in front of lower gain pedals. The low gain pedal tames the rat, or the rat makes the low gain pedal more raunchy.

TheMindful

I love a rat as a tone shaper in front of lower gain pedals. The low gain pedal tames the rat, or the rat makes the low gain pedal more raunchy.
Yep! Someone gifted me a vintage Mxr Dist+, and I have an 80s whiteface rat running into it. The way they stack is insane. The MXR is more bass and low mids, so the rat, which has little bass and a lot of upper mids and treble, really balances it out.

thegrobe

idiotbox effects makes a rat, ts, and muff running in parallel. it’s called no moon. its pretty rad.

Trending Topics