Rat...

wleeds

I have been fussing and fighting looking for the perfect heavy OD for so long I think I'm getting to messed up to hear anything anymore.
I just pulled out my old RAT, I mean old like 2nd version small one, and it just blew everything off my board. I remember it used to be a show stopper. Maybe it will be again this weekend.
Is there still lots of love for RATS?
:messedup
m

Jacobpaul81

very much so.

I've got a Moho mods rat II, which is an upgrade of the current stock rat II, with improved guts. It rips!

burner

I like 'em a lot.
They work well as a boost or an all out grungy fuzz.
Don't really know what esle to say....

DavidS

Silver Supporting Member
I have been fussing and fighting looking for the perfect heavy OD for so long I think I'm getting to messed up to hear anything anymore.
I just pulled out my old RAT, I mean old like 2nd version small one, and it just blew everything off my board. I remember it used to be a show stopper. Maybe it will be again this weekend.
Is there still lots of love for RATS?
:messedup
m

I had the same experience with my old small box Rat a couple years ago. Now the board just has a Zendrive, the Rat, and a DD-20.

rawkguitarist

It's been a while since I've played a stock RAT, but my Keeley RAT is an amazing pedal. They have a characteristic gain that's somewhere between a fuzz and a regular distortion pedal. The main thing, they just have an EQ that sits so well in a rock and roll mix. Very cool. Although it's not usually on either one of my main boards, I'll never get rid of it.

dmwaddell

Mine is a small box I bought in 1990, no LED... all scratched and gnarly lookin. It holds a proud spot next to a Fulldrive II MOSFET, an OCD, and BB Preamp. Killer range of sounds into a TRex Replica and a Dr. Z Maz jr. 2X10 combo. I'll never get rid of it. It just sounds musical, period.

One of the best!
For me the Rat is a benchmark pedal.
I run mine at fairly low gain, dist 9 oclock and filter at 3 oclock.

gratay

been using one since 1990 and it still brings a smile to my face..

mines a ratII w/-LM308 and I always wonder how much better , if at all something like a keeley, vodka mods or the like would be realistically.

Spudman

Rat love here. I haven't ever used mine at a gig yet because it wasn't going to fit on my board but around the house it is the great Rat King.

wleeds

I don't know which RAT I have but it is beat up, small, has LM308 and no led.
I love it .....again.
m

vinney57

I'm running a stock RAT into a Keeley RAT. Both at low Dist. settings. Very nice smooth combination. The Keeley RAT is very versatile, plus the red and blue LED's next to each other confuses the hell out of people.

BillyK

Keeley modded-Rats have made many of the touted OD/distortions chatted about here pale in comparison. This has been happening for years now for me.

If you are thinking about a Keeley Rat:
- Just buy one.
- DO NOT SELL IT
- You will learn (if you are like me) that it's better than 90-95% of the "must-buy" pedals on this forum.

Just buy one and make good music!

rust1975

I run my OCD first, Keeley Rat second, then fuzz. OCD for low grit: overdrive at 10, tone at 2, volume even. It takes the Rat into SMOOTH Smashing Pumpkins territory for me... Also complements a Muff well, but that's a different thread....

JJexp

Silver Supporting Member
thanks, Yeah The Rats rule. Always gotta have one. Cleans up well too.

Trending Topics

Top Bottom