• New Sponsor: ShipNerd, Ship Your Gear with Us... for less! Click Here.

Rattlesnake Cables any users?

Lespaulsignature 74

Gold Supporting Member
I just came across this cable company on facebook and it caught my interest. I tried to log onto their web site but with no luck, is this company still operating? Any users out there? What the word on their cables?

Thank you,
Ken

drbob1

Gold Supporting Member
Yup, they're still operating. They have (or had?) a special cable sale with proceeds to Houston recovery efforts. Anyway, I've got a bunch of patch cables from them-very well build and reasonably priced.

Weagle

You guys who have used them, comparison to lava elc and blue demons? Trying to decide on some (instrument not patch) cables as I don't currently have any high quality cable

Omega

Bumping this to see if anyone else has opinions on these cables for guitar.

Considering a 20' "snakehead" right angle to straight.

Any opinions on how these are? To be used in home, I don't play out.

chadmo1

Bumping this to see if anyone else has opinions on these cables for guitar.

Considering a 20' "snakehead" right angle to straight.

Any opinions on how these are? To be used in home, I don't play out.
I bought a pair of them a couple of years ago. They are well made and have held up.

Omega

Would you say they sound as good or better than something like Mogami 2524? Currently using a 20 year old Monster Rock 500.

Blue-moon

Gold Supporting Member
Would you say they sound as good or better than something like Mogami 2524? Currently using a 20 year old Monster Rock 500.
Couldn't tell you. But I have a few of the Rattlesnake cables and they are rock solid. They seem to work really well. I think @justnick uses some of their stuff. I know he demoed their buffer.

frisco

Silver Supporting Member
I just received a couple of Snakeheads. Great cable, sounds on par with a Vovox and a Lava Clear Connect I compared to. Much better construction than the Lava CC, which is a crimped end, not soldered. I've had three of the Lava CCs fail.

amdowell

Silver Supporting Member
I’m in exactly the same boat. I had some Mogami cables stolen and have been using old Monster cables, but I do t care for them at all. Saw Prymaxe is having a sale and am considering the Rattlesnake cables for guitar to pedalboard.

friend33

Gold Supporting Member
FWIW, I bought a couple of speaker cables from them not too long ago. Sound great, look great, very well constructed, excellent customer service. If I was getting another guitar cable, I would definitely start with Hank. :cool:

radiocure

Silver Supporting Member
I have one and it's great. I only use it from my board to my amp. I don't plug it in to my guitar. I worry that the coarseness of the braid (or whatever you'd call the cover of the cable) will damage the finish of my guitar.

DewieCox

Silver Supporting Member
I have one and it’s great. No complaints with the sound.

If going from your guitar I’d recommend getting the option where the last foot or so isn’t wrapped.

One complaint is that when they start getting tangled it gets out of control relatively quickly, but the extra weight from the wrap helps keep them from tangling. More of a gig issue ime.

Blue-moon

Gold Supporting Member
I have one and it's great. I only use it from my board to my amp. I don't plug it in to my guitar. I worry that the coarseness of the braid (or whatever you'd call the cover of the cable) will damage the finish of my guitar.
I don’t think you have to worry about that. Also you shouldn’t worry about it. Great guitars are meant to be played not babied,

Trending Topics

Top Bottom